Kangaroo Petrol!

Currently reading:
Kangaroo Petrol!

M

Max

Hey All,

Does anyone else's HGT do a lot of lurching when crawling along in traffic in first gear? Is this a bad sign of something wrong or just normal activity for the bravo HGT?

Max

Normally a sign of poor clutch control! :)
lol, only joking
Yeah mine does sometimes i think Daz has the same problem too.
Sorry don't know if it's a feature or if theres a cure.

Re: Re: Kangaroo Petrol!

I'm in touch with my clutch thanks! :)

Oh well, just have to keep looking a bit of a tit in slow moving traffic as i lurch forward! Good old Kangaroo petrol, as my dad used to call it when i was a nipper.

Max

Re: Re: Re: Kangaroo Petrol!

my bravo 1.8 HLX does the same in first. when i give it just a wee bit more revs it doesnt bounce.....then it sounds like you have poor clutch control though.

or maybe it is just my driving!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kangaroo Petrol!

My car used to do the same thing.
I had my throttle body changed on tuesday under warrenty and it doesnt do it anymore. My jumping revs, low speed jerking are all gone.
Before you ask i have a mk2 1.6 which has the idle control valve and potentiometer connected to the throttle body and cannot be removed to clean.
I havent got a hgt so i dont know if you can clean those 2 things on yours, but id suggest that if u can.

Richard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kangaroo Petrol!

Yep mine does the same, but as mentioned above, a little bit more revs helps.

I dont get it that bad in the mornings, but i guess its 'cos the revs are slightly higher from cold.

Daz

potentiom..thingy

sorry if thats a bit technical but changing the potent..thingy cured the same fault in my 147 engined coupe a few years back

cheers

briang

Air con

Cheers for all your advice and ideas, i'll just have to use a bit more right foot!

Just noticed something this morning, it was bloody cold and i slammed the aircon on and the temp all around to Max, on my digital tachometer in the dash it said Cli error. it still seemed to blow hot air after a while and the cli error message went. does this sound bad or just a glitch?

Thanks

Max