k800i - what i think

Currently reading:
k800i - what i think

arc

this is where i stand
after using nokias for ages, i got me a k800i - some may remember the thread where i was trying to decide what to buy. .anyyway. had the phone for a month or so now, and heres what i think / noticed.

the camera is crap in low light, takes ages to focus - won't just take a flippin picture when you press the button.

joystick sometimes ignores movements.

camera lens cover opens too easily, and also the glossy finish scratches easily.

text sending is overcomplicated when you add the wrong reciptent by mistake

lack of auto overwrite function in text message (very annoying)

speaker for video / audio playback is in the wrong place.. why isnt it on the front?

microphone picks up too much back ground noise

the memory cards are small and expensive

it likes to reboot itself when browsing the web sometimes

web browser often decides a page has too much content then wont load it, or any other pages it has loaded fine prior to that. (reboot fixes).

can't set a different ring tone / message tone for different profiles, can only vary the volume level (rubbish)

i might add some positive things later, i do like the phone - it has some good features.. but im a bit miffed with it at the mo

on my nokias, you can set the SMS inbox to overwrite - means when the memory is full, it begins overwriting the oldest messages.. i cant see that option anywhere :confused:

When taking a photo, press 0 up pops a menu to show you how to setup the type of pic you are taking. You can disable the flash, redeye reduction etc... Check that it is not on macro zoom as well. Many many things you can do to tune the photo taking options...

its one of the main things about the phone.. a proper flash.

press: right star left left star left star
then go to discharge flash
might need to click it a few times

that should check it's working proprerly.

think my next phone will be nokia

Nokia is tat.

SE Rules. And I'm sure you can set individual ringtones/ message tones for each profile. could on the k700/k750i

Back