General K&N Induction kit fitted!

Currently reading:
General K&N Induction kit fitted!

Mikey_B

Hey

Got my k&n fitted y-day & its awesome! Nice sounding and definately feel the difference.

Jus got a quick question tho, he sed he cudnt get the pipe to feed thru to the grill on the front bumper so he attached it to the old pipe which used to feeed the old air filter? Will this be ok or will i get an improved performance if it is connected to the grill?

Sed he cudnt get it thru as its had an air horn installed and its in the way

Also no i got this ugly rocker cover to look at and its not very pretty? any ideas to make it less of an eye sore? I not big on spraying? Wondered if u cud buy a different cover with like 1.1i Sporting written on that wud b cool also in yellow!

Any help will be much appreciated! Cheers Mikey

"Yellow is Mellow"
96P Cinq Broom Yellow Full Abarth Kit K&N 57i Clifford Alarm Lowered Tinted and a Recent badger shape dent in the front :(

why dont you polish it up (takes time ) and then laquer (spelling) it for a more subtle look,as for the cold feed you definently want to get a cold feed in there,haven't fitted one to a cinq so someone who has will have info

Custard boy the man who loves the man from Creative

The K&N comes with a cold air feed pipe that runs perfectly down the right-hand side of the engine, from the right hand-side of the front bumper. On a Cinq sporting, there is a cut-out in the front bumber which allows a good amount of air in. Just poke a hole through the pipe and zip-tie it to the bumper.

I am of course assuming you hsve the pipe i am talking about! Running a 2nd pipe doubles the response i originally felt with the K&N fitted. So bare that in mind for future modding :)

Cinq Sporting 1997 https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8033 Parts Needed!

cool cheers man

Im prolly gonna have a go myself see if i can pass it thru ( i do have the pipe) and tie to bumper then try and get so more pipe from halfords?

Is too much air bad for it? or is it more the better?

Cheers

"Yellow is Mellow"
96P Cinq Broom Yellow Full Abarth Kit K&N 57i Clifford Alarm Lowered Tinted and a Recent badger shape dent in the front :(

Will more air make it sound more meetyier? and louder?

"Yellow is Mellow"

Re: K&N Induction kit fitted!

I got a 57i induction kit for my Sei...the pipe wasn't long enough to get from the grill (at it's highest point) to anywhere near the filter! I know it's better to use a pipe (like the GSR induction kit) and bring the filter to the grill, rather than getting the air to the filter, but surely this pipe should be long enough?! I stretched it as long as I could, but it still sits so far from it! Maybe I've attached it to the wrong place? (at the top of the grill on my bumper).

For now I've fitted my original air filter/Air Box back into it, because it seems faster with it! (probably as the filter was sucking in hot air with the pipe so far away from the K&N!).

I've found a cheap induction kit on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/01-04-FIAT-SE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb0f37974

I'm tempted to buy that, and replace the filter with my K&N one :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Re: K&N Induction kit fitted!

7 year thread revival,wow!
Does show that the search function has been used at least :p
But also in your searches i thought you would have found that yes your car will seem slower with the K&N as it sits on the TB right above the engine, so will be drawing in warm/hot air straight off of the block.

That ebay item youve linked, i thought they had stopped producing to be honest. However looks like they've started selling it again. that air filter is commonly refered to as the Focus induction kit, proven results and alot better than the K&N.

crapkn.jpg

My cento, nearly 3 years ago with a nasty K&N filter.

garage_attachment_php1.jpg

How it'll look with a focus kit.

Cheers
Pirus

Last edited:
Back