Technical K&N 57i fitted...

Currently reading:
Technical K&N 57i fitted...

SuperRetard

Did it at lunch in the car park, took about 20 minutes. The only worry was the lack of clearance between the main breather hose and the throttle cable, fitting as per instructions could have been fatal, as the throttle jammed open... [:0]

Wiggled it around a bit, pulled the breater to one side and it seems fine. Will be keeping my eye on it though...

And the 4k flatspot has now gone! She comes on just after 3500 and doesn't slow down until 5,500! Cool! [8D]:D

Also, if you have time, cut another hole in the bumper and run a 2nd cold air feed pipe. Makes even more of a difference.

Another day...another problem...

when you fit the large plastic pipe in between the filter and the cam cover breather hose dont push the pipe all the way into the breather hose,just push it in about an inch then at the filter end push it in again about an inch no more! because of the length of the plastic pipe and the angle that it comes out of the filter it should clear the throttle link/cable,only just but it does clear them! most people make the mistake of pushing the pipe in as far as it goes both ends! do that and the breather pipe basically sits on the throttle cable! bad idea!

WHEN THIS BABY HIT'S 88...YOUR GONNA SEE SOME SERIOUS s**t!

when i 1st fitted mine (1 hour before work) the rubber pipe kept holding the throttle cable in place mainly on roundabouts in the high revs, i "poo'ed" myself the 1st time it happened as the wheels wouldnt stop spinning. got to work and moved the plastic pipe down a bit so the rubber pipe could clear the throttle cable.

just think what a zorst will sound like with the K&N Mmmm
Im thinking center exit twin DTM....

whos is the little red fiat?

Back