Technical Just fitted new alloys... 1 question..

Currently reading:
Technical Just fitted new alloys... 1 question..

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
Really chuffed with em... 18" wolfrace yakuzas with toyo proxes fitted...

only prob being they sent me three wheels set for the left and 1 for the right.. so got to get one of the tyres spun 180 on the rim !!

question being... in order to fit the alloys i had to remove all of the locating pins from each brake disk when fitting...( two on each disc)

i think they are just locating dowels for the fiat alloys... am i right???

its not detrimental to remove them is it??? as i know the wheel hold the disc in place by the 4 wheel nuts through to the hub...

cheers.. will post some pics soon...(when its light)

Those dowels are for the steel standard wheels. They didn't come into play with my alloys.
Thats because you have fiat alloys ..with aftermarket wheels you have to remove the pins or the alloys wont fit ..I took the disc and drilled a countersink on the hole in the disc and fitted countersunk screws in there instead ..bit of a pain of a job but I have a drill press so the job wasnt to difficult ..stops the disc turning while you are trying to line up the wheel and stud holes in the hub :bang: used to do by box in that did :p

Thats because you have fiat alloys ..with aftermarket wheels you have to remove the pins or the alloys wont fit ..I took the disc and drilled a countersink on the hole in the disc and fitted countersunk screws in there instead ..bit of a pain of a job but I have a drill press so the job wasnt to difficult ..stops the disc turning while you are trying to line up the wheel and stud holes in the hub :bang: used to do by box in that did :p

great.. cheers for that.... sent a message to alloywheels.com asking about the tyre being put on the wrong way on one of the rims.. just waiting a reply.. to be fair.. they are real quick on delivering ans getting them ready!

I will most probably get it done locally... where do i stand if they get marked when they turn the tyre round??? just dont want these rims getting marked at 1 day old:cry: .. i'll end up curbing em eventually i know but no one else to blame but me:D

take them to a good dealer and pay a little extra. Mine cost 16 a tyre fitted to 19s. Thought it expensive except they damaged 1 and had it professionallt refurbished costing them 180 + refunded all costs

take them to a good dealer and pay a little extra. Mine cost 16 a tyre fitted to 19s. Thought it expensive except they damaged 1 and had it professionallt refurbished costing them 180 + refunded all costs

Cheers.. did a search today on net in lunch break... one round the corner from where i work... £5 all in plus balancing and not a mark on it at all(y) (y) top stuff the gear they use has all nylon runners so it wont mark alloys...

Back