Just drove 1.6 Mini Cooper s!

Currently reading:
Just drove 1.6 Mini Cooper s!

We've got a 2012 Cooper D which has all the luxuries but non of the draw backs like fuel costs and car tax

Cooper D is free to tax does 70+mpg and is a lot cheaper to insure.

However would love a JCW for a day or two ;)

Stylish maybe, but slooowww! Murdered one at the lights on wednesday, abarth all the way! :p

So punto abarth £16k 155bhp the essesse spec is £20k and 180bhp 0-60 7.5 seconds

In its standard guise Mini Cooper S is £18,200 184bhp and does 0-60 in 7.0 seconds

And the JCW is £22,500 211bhp and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.

So similar pricing but lots more bhps and the minis are faster so you either went up against a mini SD which looks exactly the same or the driver was crap but on paper at least the mini is a faster car and no more than £2k more

Personally the Goodwood special edition mini is my current favourite which is essentially a rolls Royce in mini form is very nice and a bargain at £41,000

Last edited:
So punto abarth £16k 155bhp the essesse spec is £20k and 180bhp 0-60 7.5 seconds

In its standard guise Mini Cooper S is £18,200 184bhp and does 0-60 in 7.0 seconds

So similar pricing but lots more bhps and the minis are faster so you either went up against a mini SD which looks exactly the same or the driver was crap but on paper at least the mini is a faster car and no more than £2k more

Personally the Goodwood special edition mini is my current favourite which is essentially a rolls Royce in mini form is very nice and a bargain at £41,000

Mines running more than 184bhp so it could have been either tbh :D

Or, a mk2 Fiat Panda 769cc 34bhp and 0 - 60 in 21 seconds?

No? Just me... ok then...

Your car is far from standard just to get near the Cooper S figures

would love to see your rolling road print outs ;)

Look, im not looking for an argument. Im just telling you what happened, i was quicker then him, well when i get it mapped on the rollers, ill send you the details straight to your inbox :thumbup:

Look, im not looking for an argument. Im just telling you what happened, i was quicker then him,
I over took a ferrari 430 yesterday doesn't mean my car is faster or his is slow,

well when i get it mapped on the rollers, ill send you the details straight to your inbox :thumbup:

thanks for making my point for me, you've not had it on a rolling road yet so any BHP figures you might quote are only guesses for all the money spent you could only have gained 10-20bhp then again you could have 200bhp

though its worth noting above the difference between 155bhp and 211bhp only makes a 1 second difference to the 0-60 times so slaughtered crucified whatever language you may choose to use its still only likely you just nudged ahead if he was trying and to be honest driving like this could land you with an MS50 and 3-11 points on your licence

I over took a ferrari 430 yesterday doesn't mean my car is faster or his is slow,

thanks for making my point for me, you've not had it on a rolling road yet so any BHP figures you might quote are only guesses for all the money spent you could only have gained 10-20bhp then again you could have 200bhp

though its worth noting above the difference between 155bhp and 211bhp only makes a 1 second difference to the 0-60 times so slaughtered crucified whatever language you may choose to use its still only likely you just nudged ahead if he was trying and to be honest driving like this could land you with an MS50 and 3-11 points on your licence

i had it on the rolling road when i got it first remapped, since then ive done all the upgrades, so i can take into account all of them when i get it custom mapped, so ye, your guess is as good as mine, wasnt trying to bad mouth the cooper s, was.

I own a 53 plate cooper and I love it, apart from the dreaded power steering pump dieing on me which are a very common fault with them. Much better built than my punto although I do miss my old punto at times.

Back