General Just bought a Cinq!

Currently reading:
General Just bought a Cinq!

MrBlonde

Lo all - I've just bought myself a nice little Cinq SX in grey, N reg, which is rather nice, and the car is rather good except that the speedo has the shakes. I understand the cable would need tightening, or replacing, how easy is it to do, and is it time to invest in a Haynes?

Cheers

My Panda used to have a shakey speedo never worried me :p Also sometimes if I hit a large bump in the Road Sei will shake abit but not as bad as the Panda. How bad is it?

Last edited:
My Cinq SX had this problem for ages after i got it, it bobbed like crazy (like a 5-10mph range between bobs), it alos made a kinda *TSK,TSK,TSK* sound from the passenger front area :eek:

it fiannly snapped, and we had a new fitted :D

you *should* be able to do it yourself, bet i cant tell you how, as i piad to have it done :p

Its not really too bad, about 5 MPH either way, and it settles down around about 40. Its not really a big issue at the mo, i'll prob just leave it, only if it was easy or it got worse i'd fix it.

MrBlonde said:
is it time to invest in a Haynes?

Personally, I buy a Haynes manual ASAP after buying a new car.

oh yeah, of course how rude of me, Greetings to you all - i've been a member for some time, just not really posted too often.

My local library has Haynes' to take out, which i'll prob do. I'm not going to touch the speedo now, i'd prob only make it worse!

hello mrblonde nice to know there another guy out there with an sx

they aint to bad aren't they i find that the car cruises quite happily on 70 but i don't think it is doing 70 as most people try to speed past me.

matbe thats my speedo being wrong

haha

Nah replacing it yourself isnt hard...

I did the one on my Sporting in under an hour (and that was without removing the sound insulation and a minimum of panelling)

Back