General Just a quick update on my car!

Currently reading:
General Just a quick update on my car!

Well where do I start?

After my bargain set of side skirts on eBay £26 brand new genuine Abarth I was looking for somewhere to paint and fit them. I was horrified to be getting quotes like £125 per skirt to paint and fit. My dad said he'd ask some people at work (he works at a college that do paint/mechanics) if they could help, turns out they could, they were gonna use my skirts as part of the student coursework. They had the skirts last Monday to prep and paint. car was due to go in last Tuesday to have them fitted, but the guy(teacher) who was gonna oversee the student fit them couldn’t be there. So it was put back a few days. Here’s the fun bit.

Last Wednesday Morning I was awoken at 12.40AM to the sound of breaking glass. Looked through my bedroom window to see a guy looking through my passenger side window that he'd just broken. I didn’t know what to do at first but decided to go out. didn’t want to look like a prat if he got away or beat me up, I woke my dad up to come with me, didn’t know what I was on about at first, but he eventually got the idea. anyway while we were putting shoes on mom decided to phone the cops, I was peeking out of the window again to see he was sitting the drivers seat trying to get my radio out, bear in mind there was no fascia on the front (silly boy) anyway, dad opened the front door and before I knew it he ran outside to the drivers side door, I quickly ran out to the passenger side door just in time to grab him from running away, forced him into the hinge part of my door, and held my by him neck, he had a screwdriver had a swing at me with that a few times then I forced him in the car, and had a few shouted expletive words to him. The police around the corner my dad waved them over. They came and grabbed the bloke from driver’s side and cuffed him. Was a really rewording night.

Turned out he'd broken into 6 cars that night to witch he's admitted to all of they, he caused £1000's worth of damage and got away with loads of items include a laptop and tom tom sat nav. Gonna be going to court next month I think, police recon he'll get 6-8 months. (Well I hope so)

Lucky old me had to pay £60 for a new window and £20 to have my door realigned as he'd climbed through the window and pushed the door jamb down so I wouldn’t close properly.

Punto_-_Skirts_2.jpg

back to skirts... after getting work done regarding breaking, it was agreed that car would go in today (Thursday) have skirts fitted screwed/glue and have car back tonight, didn’t think that would be enough time to be honest, but sure as their word it was done. A lovely finish and a top notch job. Total Price was £88 for paint, lacquer and fitting £16 for quality adhesive basically £100 such a bargain.

Punto_-_Skirts.jpg

The guys at the college really knew what they were doing, they train paint sprayers for BMW so they should be good.

Cheers for reading if you got to the end. Let me know your opinions. James

Last edited:
yeah good on u:worship: ! i'm going to court on 21-22 feb cause sum dirty chav headbuttd me n i had to have reconstructive surgery woohoo yeah! glad it all turned out well!

Congrats on getting the skirts done and on helping put one more chav away from the rest of society (y)

I love the look of your motor dude, wanna get the Abarth skirts for mine as well os a nice set of rims, lowering springs and exhaust all when money will allow.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the latest additons.

I was just wondering what mods I can do without effecting the Fiat/Rev Vardy warrenty if any or if it does effect the warrenty, what will it do?

bloody hell, close call with the chav'ver. I would have jabbed him a few times with whatever came to hand then denied it, say it was 'resonable force'.

Those skirts are great!! That colour match is awesome, I don't think you would get any better even if you payed £300 pair for spraying! Unlike my efforts with halfrauds paint cans :mad:

faster4_tec said:
bloody hell, close call with the chav'ver. I would have jabbed him a few times with whatever came to hand then denied it, say it was 'resonable force'.

Those skirts are great!! That colour match is awesome, I don't think you would get any better even if you payed £300 pair for spraying! Unlike my efforts with halfrauds paint cans :mad:

:rolleyes: :bang:

Back