General Just a bit of advice

Currently reading:
General Just a bit of advice

ive just tightened my handbrake cable because it was loose, and i made it so it tightens on 1 click, would this be ok or would this snap ?

Also ive been looking all over the car (well under dash) for the resistor for the heat switch and cant find it.
I was flicking it on and off to test several things, and when to start my car and the battery had died, could this be whats been causing my car problems in the past?

If you only have the handbrake lever on one click, when the rear brake shoes or pads (whichever you have) get hot, the rear brakes are likely to seize.

No idea what your "problems in the past" were so can't comment.

Owner's manual states around 8-9 'clicks' is acceptable to hold the car on a hill. Personally, like many Tech's, I aim for an easy 5. However, you should always adjust the rear shoes correctly first, then take up any left-over slack at the lever. Adjusting it from inside the car only will lead to the top edge of the shoes being pushed out, leading to excessive and uneven wear (and poor efficiency).

Heater resistor is in the passenger footwell towards the bulkhead (it will have 4 or 5 wires at it's connector).

in the picture is it the thing that ive circled ?

mine was about 8-9 clicks but i could push the car down my drive, thought i just change it slightly so it was tight, but my mate decided to put it to 1 click.. and now hes done that i cant for my life find a spanner to change it back :mad:

Attachments

• IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back