Technical Jumpy when cold

Currently reading:
Technical Jumpy when cold

joel

When the car is cold it can be a bit jumpy until it reaches temprature. Is this normal? I cant remember if its always been like this or if its something new. Its jumpy for maybe the first couple of minutes.

Same here, it its quite jumpy the first like 1-2 minutes then it decrease until after about 5-10 minutes when its all gone.

Same here!!Its fine once you give it a bit of throttle!I coast round a tight corner as soon as i leave my drive when it happens......bit of throttle and shes fine!!Be interesting if this is just an MK2 problem or if it happens with MK1's and MK3's??

Marky-Boy

I have an MK1. A 75SX from 96. It seems like its jumpy if I rev up to about 3800rpm and more. If I go under it doesnt jump at all, and after some minutes I can rev all the way up to 7000 without jumps.

mine is a ELX from 2000 and this morning was like being on a rollercoaster for the fist few mins proper jumpy and had problems starting, had to start twice as it died and give it a good rev to stay idle.

typical fiats.

Mine doesn't do that, sorry folks.

I have just had new Spark Plugs and HT Leads though, maybe thats what you guys should try :)

Punto MK2 Sporting 16v, Full Abarth Bodykit + Alloys.

Spark plugs do fix it a little, i changed mine to performance spark plugs and the smoothness of the engine was far better, isn't half as jumpy as it used to be! Think i might just change me HT leads as well!

------------------
Pete
------------------
Cruisewilmslow.vispa.com

Thanks for all responses. I changed the HT leads and that seamed to fix it a bit. I also noticed that the oil level was way to low, seems my car have consumed 1.0-1.2 litre on 8500KM. I cannot see any leak, cant say I have seen any black/blue smoke from the exhaust, there is no oil in the water. Now I wonder where my oil went :D .. Anyway, since filling it up it seems to behave when starting, but I cannot say certain since its raining here last couple of days and the car have always behaved a bit better in rain.

Back