jumping a red light.

Currently reading:
jumping a red light.

donaldmaclennan

suck--squeeze--bang--blow
I wonder if anyone here has been done for jumping a red light and what are the penalties? as I have just received a nice letter from Strathclyde police saying that they have photos of me going through a red light :bang: (amber maybe but never red! and I could not stop safely) whilst on holiday and getting lost around Glasgow.

I wonder if they would give me a copy so I could post it on forum. :D

I think the fines are similar to that for speeding, but I'm not 100% sure about points.

i went through a red light in liverpool on sunday, i thought the light was stuck on red cos i was there for ages and had to pick someone up, i dont know liverpool at all and the rd i ewnt down wasnt a proper rd hats why i thought it was broke...... turned out i was just as i was almost through the light it changed to green :eek: Doh!

Thanks for replys all.

I hope its just a Small fine or there will be no food on the table for the wife and kids. lol plus Glasgow is about 250 miles away just a bit far for going to court. Although I won't mind a night out in Glasgow. Afterwards of course.

i went through red light when i was stressed about cinq breaking. Knew the lights were there just didnt see them. went straight through a very red light :eek:

Never heard anything from it.

I imagine it to be atleast £60 fine.

yeah think its same as speeding 3 points 60 quid :(

must admit im a amber gambler. but as far as i know havent done a red.
my dad did othernight by mistake was sitting at lights green to go left came on and he pulled away to go straight funny thing was a policeman was sitting behind him lol they pulled him iver but let him off :D bet they couldnt believe it lol

when i have seen it, it's been a fixed penalty notice, £60 + 3 points, however with it comes a breath test (moving traffic offence) generally people pass that part, as i'm sure you would, however failure there means an arrest which leads to a ban (22 months for the last bloke)

its 3 points and a fine but if you think it was dangerous to stop go to court and argue the case but i think if you are found guilty your fines can be higher and u pay costs i think ! sorry about that

just ran one right now as a matter of fact... i was making it! then it went amber and there was noway i was stopping at the line that was 15 yards away... BLATANTLY ORANGE! you gotta love been an amber gambler!

Surely being an 'amber gambler' was only an issue in the old days, when the amber was showing on both sets of lights at the same time, one set from green to red, the other from red to green - this is now different :)

Jim Jams said:
you gotta love been an amber gambler!

of course as with all forms of gambling, there is a risk of loss, are you prepared to pay the price? or perhaps you think the loss will be borne by the car/person you plough into? in which case you get to walk away with a glib smart alec comment....hope the gamble is worth it

turboned said:
of course as with all forms of gambling, there is a risk of loss, are you prepared to pay the price? or perhaps you think the loss will be borne by the car/person you plough into? in which case you get to walk away with a glib smart alec comment....hope the gamble is worth it

Glad to see there's still some common sense around!

Back