General JuJu - Into the Future!

Currently reading:
General JuJu - Into the Future!

Ian_Fearn

Some of you may remember JayJay as previously owned by John.

Well, he's back and getting love. Renamed JuJu by my better half who despite her initial reservations absolutely loves this little car (as do I!).

When I collected JuJu, there was a discrepancy with the V5 and despite John buying the car from somewhere up north I ended up being officially only the 2nd owner. It turned out the previous keeper on the V5 lived less than 2 miles away from my house.

On closer inspection of some old MOTs, it turned out my local garage (the owner of which became a friend years ago) had been MOTing JuJu. So, I went over with it. I found out he sourced JuJu brand new for a local customer as her company car as his friend owned L&B Motors (a Fiat main dealer at the time). He actually sourced 2 at the same time. He then serviced and MOT'd it every year until eventually she reversed out of her drive a few years back and hit a relatives Discovery. They fixed it and she decided to call it a day with driving so it was sold.

Clearly it was fate....

Anyway, the car has been with Freddy for the last few weeks having both rear inner wings cut out and new metal welded in along with a few other bits and pieces and a load of paint. Freddy has replicated all the original fold lines and it just looks superb inside and out. To say i'm happy with the result is an understatement. Freddy has made an absolutely flawless job and was a pleasure to deal with. So here is my public display of gratitude, THANKS FREDDY! :D

Attachments

• DSC_0528.JPG
    DSC_0528.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0529.JPG
    DSC_0529.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0239.JPG
    DSC_0239.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0240.JPG
    DSC_0240.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0243.JPG
    DSC_0243.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0242.JPG
    DSC_0242.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
Did you buy it directly from a 'more mature' lady?? My mate at Rally Motors in Derby seemed to think she went into a home.

Last edited:
I noticed yesterday i've got an oil leak..... Seems to be coming from around the top end but not the cam cover as its dry there and wet from the head to block area down.

I've not removed anything yet but is there a chance the headgasket can leak oil externally?

I noticed yesterday i've got an oil leak..... Seems to be coming from around the top end but not the cam cover as its dry there and wet from the head to block area down.

I've not removed anything yet but is there a chance the headgasket can leak oil externally?
ive seen it weep from the rocker cover but never a full leak as such. i would check the oil filter casing

Camshaft oil seal possibly, would weep out around the cambelt cover. Or the O ring under the twin coil mount, might get seepage that end. Where are you seeing the oil?

I've had a quick look underneath and i'm 90% sure its the crank shaft oil seal.

I replaced the sump last year and that all seems dry with the exception of the section directly underneath the middle point of the crank seal. I guess it could still be the sump seal but my money is on the crank.

It doesn't seem crazy to think this would have gone. 30k in 16 years probably tootling round town and then virtually all the miles i've done in it have been on dual carriageways at 70mph.

Any idea where would be best to source a replacement?

If the silicone on the sump was a little lacking where it goes under the crank then they can leak form there (ask me how I know!), there is quite a gap to fill and they need more than you might think at first.

I guess once the timing belt cover has been removed you will be able to see if it is the crank seal, I will say whilst the flywheel end is quite prone to leaking I can't recall seeing the belt end leaking significantly on any car I've looked at.

I've had a quick look underneath and i'm 90% sure its the crank shaft oil seal.

I replaced the sump last year and that all seems dry with the exception of the section directly underneath the middle point of the crank seal. I guess it could still be the sump seal but my money is on the crank.

It doesn't seem crazy to think this would have gone. 30k in 16 years probably tootling round town and then virtually all the miles i've done in it have been on dual carriageways at 70mph.

Any idea where would be best to source a replacement?
TMS used to be able to get them as i recall

Thanks for the info, i've grabbed a seal from Ricambio in-case that is at fault along with a few other bits i've had my eye on..... Just need to find some time now! :bang:

Last edited:
Back