Technical Juddering - suspention / tyres?

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering - suspention / tyres?

Cunto

Hi, I'm new here. I have a MK1 Punto 75SX in various shades of red. It came with an oil leak and i recently lost both my coolant cap and my oil filler cap, but thats not the problem.
When cornering even at slow speeds, or on rough road surfaces, my car violently judders trough the front wheels and steering wheel. I tried different tyre pressures but doesnt seem to help a lot. My boss said it could be my tracking. Could it be the shocks, suspention, or am i supposed to drive around every corner at 15mp to avoid it?
Would lowering it, or wider wheels help?

i will post more problems i'm having. but this is the most important one right now.

cheers guys.

Tim

thefishdude said:
how you lose the caps ? lol

not putting the coolant cap back on (was in a rush to get to an interview) and driving 300 miles was the cause of that one :nutter: the oil one was again, a case of my own stupidity, forgot to put it back on but only got 5 or so miles away before i ran into problems.

I need to clean my engine up now as its covered with oil. Just goes to show, the mighty punto will still work without them, just not very well.

If anyone needs little important parts like this Dr Gaz on ebay is amazing, really fast and friendly http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZdrgaz8
caps, seals, washers, cables, pads etc.

What else have i done? Well, i over filled the oil and had plumes of smoke flooding out the exhaust when i ragged it, drained some oil off and changed the air filter lol.

Theres a rattle on the rear passenger side, a cable, guess its the handbreak as come loose where it was mounted by a clip, just annoying really.

Its the judder thats the problem. :(

cheers for the advice, i will get it checked out asap, anyone else with any ideas, please post.

Last edited:
Back