Technical Judder

Currently reading:
Technical Judder

Hi all, ive got a Fiat Punto 60 sx R reg
Ive replaced, plugs and the leads had the exhaust done, (not the catalyst converter)

And it still Judders
When i accelerate it judders violently

What can it be, I was thinking the coils?

If you think it is the coils how much are they?

Thanks
Elliot

sounds like your timing if off. Coils are £24 each from eurocarparts but you can get a pair for £20-30 off ebay(y)

Timing belts dont just jump but they do lose teeth. Take the cover off and have a close look at the belt teeth. New belt kits are cheap easy to fit so low cost at a garage.

Coils fail but the ECU can also fail.
Swap the coils over or fit new ones. If its still missfiring on the same cylinders the ECU is broken. Repairs are about £100.

Last edited:
yes. very. - MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST. otherwise you could be in for a shock:p

I think theres a guide in the guides section at the top of the webpage in the blue bar that goes across, just under the FIAT FORUM.COM part.

Took me a while to find it:p

think it is only how to check they are misfiring not how to put one in?
So annoying, yesterday is was running lovely and today pile of **** tbh!

Timing belts dont just jump but they do lose teeth. Take the cover off and have a close look at the belt teeth. New belt kits are cheap easy to fit so low cost at a garage.

Coils fail but the ECU can also fail.
Swap the coils over or fit new ones. If its still missfiring on the same cylinders the ECU is broken. Repairs are about £100.

Already said

Take it to a garage who knows about Puntos and if swapping the coils over or fitting new coils dont fix it send the ECU for repair. here
ECU error codes will give the mechanic a few clues whats going on.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I was speaking to my dad and he said it could be because i was simply in the wrong gear, im used to driving a brand new car for driving lessons, so i gave it ago and it worked, no judder just had to come down the gears more and use the gears a lot more
Oh and i put some fuel cleaner in and im going to replace fuel filter which should improve the car

I was speaking to my dad and he said it could be because i was simply in the wrong gear, im used to driving a brand new car for driving lessons, so i gave it ago and it worked, no judder just had to come down the gears more and use the gears a lot more
Oh and i put some fuel cleaner in and im going to replace fuel filter which should improve the car
:doh:

Back