General JTD to Abarth

Currently reading:
General JTD to Abarth

JTD Nigel

Hi there,

Just thought i would ask this question to see how many have gone from a JTD to an Abarth? I am thinking about changing my remapped JTD soon and like the idea of the Abarth. My question was going to be about the dynamics of the 2 cars, and if the Abarth is a much different machine under the skin, specifically on the 5 door version.

My other option will be to keep the JTD and make it a little more Abarth like with further tuning work and some suspension mods.

Thanks

(y) (y) (y)

JTD Nigel said:
My other option will be to keep the JTD and make it a little more Abarth like with further tuning work and some suspension mods.

Thanks

(y) (y) (y)

Not sure the suspension is upgraded on the Abarth, aftermarket I think. JTD can be worked on to get 170 bhp with right pipe/remap and a lot cheaper on the pocket.

ive gone from JTD to abarth, thoroughly reccomend it if you can afford the juice! although my abarth may have to go soon :(

cant beat the noise the abarth makes too!

Hi..
i went from a punto 1.2 8v to my abarth.....
Felt like someone pressed the warpspeed!!!!!!!! button!!

awesome!!!!!:slayer:

styles said:
The Abarth also benefits from a upgraded suspension-Shocks and springs.Plus its lighter so it feels lighter.

Not the standard abarth, that's probably the GP kit you're talking about. Standard abarth setup is the same as the JTD.

Stilochris said:
you sure it doesnt have different spring rates to cope with the added weight of the 2.4 lump?

No they are the same as both the JTD & abarth are the same weight 1265kgs.

Abarth weighs 1239kg.while JTD is about 50kg(no more than that off memory)-(Diesils weight alot) more which is a noticable lot to lug round and would be set up slightly different for more comfort(jtd) while Abarth is flagship so it would have a slightly sportier feel.
Abarth is slightly lowered From JTD about 15-20mm from memory.
Shumacher got a Chassis tweak from prodrive plus sus/shock set up
and body kit,uprated exhaust also wheels as mine has.

Last edited:
styles said:
Diesils weight alot more which is a noticable lot to lug round and would be set up slightly different for more comfort(jtd) while Abarth is flagship so it would have a slightly sportier feel.

Can any of the techies confirm any of this, never knew that setup or even suspension would be different on bog standard JTD/Abarth.

I remember this from a tech and spec sheet from the fiat dealer when i was thinkin of buying mine which unfortunatly i dont have now.
weight quote is from a mag.

styles said:
Abarth weighs 1239kg.while JTD is about 50kg(no more than that off memory)-(Diesils weight alot) more which is a noticable lot to lug round and would be set up slightly different for more comfort(jtd) while Abarth is flagship so it would have a slightly sportier feel.
Shumacher got a Chassis tweak from prodrive plus sus/shock set up
and body kit,uprated exhaust also wheels as mine has.

The figures I quoted were straight from fiats own technical specs from the brochure. & I believe both the springs & shocks have the same part n.o. I don't think a 1.9 diesel will be heavier than a 2.4 petrol.:chin:

Last edited:
:D Ahhh the ancient myth of size!
just cos it looks or is bigger doesnt always mean it weighs more.

Last edited:
Back