jtd injector warning/power loss

Currently reading:
jtd injector warning/power loss

J

johne

Hello people,
Any ideas on possible solutions for this, other than following the handbook instructions to 'contact your Fiat dealer'. Car is Marea jtd105, 19,000 miles, 2 and half years old. Injector warning light is on - but initially goes out in the normal starting sequence - also loss of power.
Is it just dirty injectors in need of cleaning or something more serious?
Thanks in advance,
Johne

May be just dirty electrical contacts on the injectors. You could try cleaning the electrical contacts. No idea where they are, you will have to chase the wires back from the injectors and clean , or break and make , any connections you find.

Re: Re: jtd injector warning/power loss

Are there any fuel leaks?

warranty

Is a car this young and with so few miles not still covered under your warranty?

warranty

Chris,
I think it must have been one of the last to come with just 1yr warranty as standard, of course, if it does turn out to be something that costs lots of money then I'll make the point that if it had been but a few months younger it would still be well within a 3yr warranty. It doesn't hurt to try anyway:)
Johne

leaks?

No leaks that I can see. I had a particularly close look at the fuel filter and its connections as that has been changed, but it looks ok.
Johne.

Re: cleaning

Nick,
I've not tried the electric connections yet,but have put some injector cleaner in the fuel tank. This morning the engine began in the 'power loss mode', but picked up after three or four miles to normal operation although the warning light remained on. At lunch time I went for a short drive and the light went out and the engine performed as it should....for a while, then it was back to light on and no power for a couple of hundred metres....then normal power again but light still on.
I guess that these symptoms would be the same for blocked injectors or for dodgy electrical connectors. I'll give the injector cleaner another 24hrs to do its stuff, then start attacking it (or phone a dealer).
Thanks,
Johne.