jl distortion.

Currently reading:
jl distortion.

Hi i fitted my jl xr components into my grande punto yesterday the magnets wur to big so i spaced them with bolts and used 3 self tapping screws.
Bit of a bodge so i now am paying for it with distortion when i have any bass,
so can i just use foam (like you lie on when camping) cut out rings and build it up around the speakers until it is far enough out and clamp it down?
Or will this not work either any advice will be verygreatful.

Hi i fitted my jl xr components

10% equipment, 90% install.

XRs are fantastic components and should be mounted properly and not bodged.

Like Toad says, mount them to an MDF baffle which is firmly secured to the door. It needs to be well sealed from the back and really, really solid.

Also if you can, apply some sheets of Dynamat to door and try seal the any holes in the door behind where the door card is, makes a huge difference.

Running the XRs off a headunit amplifier is also a waste, get some real power up them so they sing.

10% equipment, 90% install.

XRs are fantastic components and should be mounted properly and not bodged.

Like Toad says, mount them to an MDF baffle which is firmly secured to the door. It needs to be well sealed from the back and really, really solid.

Also if you can, apply some sheets of Dynamat to door and try seal the any holes in the door behind where the door card is, makes a huge difference.

Running the XRs off a headunit amplifier is also a waste, get some real power up them so they sing.
Ok i will do that and i have a hifonics amp so its not running off the HU's power. It was tricky to run the wires through into the the door but i got there in the end!

Cool. Should be a stunning front end once you've got it fettled Smally.
Ok i will tell you what i have as i have ran out of ideas for more stuff.
I have an infinty basslink t sub
a Clarion DXZ858RMP HU
a Hifonics ZXi 4406 amp powering the front jl xr components.
so what shall i do get some jl's for the backs or leave it?

Back