General I've started the MK1 restoration

Currently reading:
General I've started the MK1 restoration

Stuartl

Maranellohouse.com
Just thought I'd let any of you who might be interested that I Started to strip the little car today in preparation for restoring him.

I've decided that like the 127 (which is very nearly finished) I'm not going to make it a concours car that I cannnot use. It will look as close to original as I can make it but with a few discreet mods for modern day use. It will be slow to do, probably around a year, as I've a lot of other things around the house that I promised I would do after finishing the 127, but we'll see how we get on. Also like the 127 I will host the complete restoration with full photo's over on my site www.maranellohouse.com I think the photo record of the 127 is around the 160 mark so best if I host all there. Maybe some of you will drop into the forum from time to time with some constructive comments.

Oh and if you've any good MK1 parts you feel like parting with let me know. I don't know what all i'll need yet but I'm sure there will be a few along the way. (y)

Alan it very nearly was, but got a reprieve at the last minute.

Thanks for the comments about the 127 guys, I erm sold it last week, so am in the throws of finishing it off before the new owner takes it.

Back