I've fractured my face!

Currently reading:
I've fractured my face!

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Damned alcohol related injury again! Was highly drunk running around and slipped over onto a hard floor; got concussion, a fractured/broken nose and a fractured facial structure, between my nose and left eye! Couldn't believe it!

Moral of the story is, if you do have a tumble, make sure you get it checked out by some lovely blonde nurses :p!

owowowowowow oh thats sounds like a nasty one :(

could be worse
ouch.jpg

Last edited:
Was going to say you shouldnt smile to much but then you said alcohol related so that will teach you

OUCH:p :D

Last edited:
:eek: sweet jesus that looks like it stings a little!! :eek:

hope you feeling ok chap n you gettin plenty of rest :)

custard boy said:
owowowowowow oh thats sounds like a nasty one :(

could be worse
ouch.jpg

Well it gives custard an excuse for strange behavour :rolleyes: :D and how the hell DID you do it OUCH :( and if thats you custard in the pic what a handsome fuzzy you are .

Well thank the lord for pain killers I say!! Will be seeing a facial surgeon on friday, they say the need for surgery is low but they want to make sure the fractures heal in the correct place; it's my Optic Bone that I've broken!

And will this teach me not to drink? Of course . . . NOT! If anything I should drink more to make the pain go away :p

Thanks for you're kind wishes too :), guess I'm after sympathy :p

rroope said:
Moral of the story is, if you do have a tumble, make sure you get it checked out by some lovely blonde nurses :p!

Or maybe don't drink so much, so that you don't fall in the first place perhaps?

Next time you might get treated by a butch lesbian with builders hands or a Julian Clary type male nurse! And before anyone accuses me of stereotyping male nurses, I'm a male nursing student and I am NOT like Julian Clary but I know some male nurses who are...

rroope said:
And will this teach me not to drink? Of course . . . NOT! If anything I should drink more to make the pain go away :p

"Once bitten, twice shy"? Or maybe more like - "Angels fear to tread where fools rush in (to make the same mistake twice!)" :rolleyes:

on the subject of drunken injuries, last night i was on an office chair with wheels and my mate booted it from under me and i landed on my tail bone... it flipping hurts now, do i bother to wait 3 hours in the NHS for them to tell me its fine like with my broken foot or should i just leave it...?

bulldog5046 said:
on the subject of drunken injuries, last night i was on an office chair with wheels and my mate booted it from under me and i landed on my tail bone... it flipping hurts now, do i bother to wait 3 hours in the NHS for them to tell me its fine like with my broken foot or should i just leave it...?

Go to A&E and get it looked at. You could have fractured your coccix (can't remember how it's spelt and can't be bothered to find my anatomy encyclopaedia at the moment!), or in other words your tail bone as you said above.

If I've ever had to use A&E (non serious emergency), I wait until about 1am if it's between Sunday and Thursday night. Should normally be almost empty then and you won't have to wait hours to get seen. On Friday and Saturday nights it will be full of drunken idiots with alcohol related injuries, and I'm sure you don't want to hang around with them in the waiting room, watching them behave like retards while you have to wait hours to get seen...

Sounds nice rroope, hope your ok now.(n)
as for you bulldog get it checked out, dont be complacent where your backs concerned, remember people have been known to have broken necks before now and theyre not aware of it!:eek:

i would see how its goes

i meanwhat can they do for a fracture coccix ? put ya ass in plaster ?

i fell over on mine other week been 3 weeks nwo jus a slight ache if i sit funny now other wise okies :D

i dont do doctors went once for booster jab thingy when i was 15, 30 now have been back yet. :D im the healthiest unfit over weight guy i know.

Last edited:
Back