General It's meh Birthday :-D

Currently reading:
General It's meh Birthday :-D

CaneyJ

Clubcento Member
Well my tempra 14" wheel upgrade is going ahead, in 2-3 weeks I will have my tempra anthracite alloys fitted with some nice quality rubber.
Until then I got these in the post just a day after ordering them from wheel-spacers.co.uk. Nice 20mm spacers goodness:slayer: .

20mm2sz.jpg

mase said:
just a little side note for those spacers.

ive got the 15mm ones on my cento at the moment, and the bolts they supplied were not long enough, so there is no way they are goin to fit with 20mm spacers, they will easily be a cm too short (n)

I thought from that pic that they are proper bolt to the hub spacers then the wheels bolt to the spacer cos they look similar to my FK Automotive ones, therefore the bolts supplied are to bolt the spacer to the hub with the countersunk holes, not to pass through the wheel as well.

J333EVO said:
I thought from that pic that they are proper bolt to the hub spacers then the wheels bolt to the spacer cos they look similar to my FK Automotive ones, therefore the bolts supplied are to bolt the spacer to the hub with the countersunk holes, not to pass through the wheel as well.

hmmm, i thought that for a minute, but then thought that the smaller narrower holes looked like they had a larger PCD than the countersunk holes

EDIT: ive just checked a website that sells that brand and size.

www.performancefx.net said:
2x20mm Type 10 - Is fitted onto the hub using the nuts and/or bolts supplied in the kit. The wheel is then attached to the spacer using the original bolts and nuts. The spacer has a centre bore to exactly match the diameter of the hub collar.

(y) good shout

Exactly, I had concerns from other reports about incorrect bolts for the 15mm so I went for the 20mm with the special adaptor bolts. Will test fit at weekend but it looks like they are ok bolt lengthwise.
They cost about £84 for 2 pairs including delivery and they did it in under a day, which was surprising.
Their website says they're made of steel though and the metal while heavy doesn't look it. Added bonus is I keep my locking wheel nuts(y) .

Just a word of advise with those spacers.

I've got the 20mm fitted to my Sei, which are fine. (y) The trouble I had is that the wheel bolts were too long and were bottoming out on the hub, meaning the wheel was not tight leading to steering wheel wobble. Before you fit to the car bolt wheel to spacer only, so you can see if the bolts are too long. As I did not know about this I took my car to a garage where they promptly used a fat old torque wrench, on the wheel bolts, and pulled the spacer away from the hub stretching the bolts for the spacer. (n)

However I must say that I would strongly recommend www.wheelspacers.co.uk as they have replaced all spacer bolts free of charge! :slayer:

Hope this helps you before you go throwing money away like I did! :bang:

Phew! Don't scare me. They fit quite neatly (red circles highlight clearance of a couple of bolts test fitted).
spacer3yq.jpg

Must remember to put some copperslip between the spacer and alloy on fitting day.

Just got home and found a new present waiting for me.
contis.jpg

4 of conti's finest rubber(y)

Back