DSCF9047.JPG

500 Its luigi...

Introduction

1.2 Lounge.
Gave her a birthday, opinions?
Black wheels on red look fantastic. We're they an option or did you source them separately?
Ian.

Seeing as you asked for opinions I will give my opinion.

The bad bits
The 500 stickers on the door bottoms are silly, It's not like anyone is going to look at the car and not know what it is.
The monza sticker is a bit silly, you only ever see them on boy racer cars, is it to fool people into thinking that you are a racing driver? or maybe that the car was built in Italy? or maybe that it's really a ferrari? but you have given the game away with the 500 stickers on the door.

I like stripes but for some reason the one on your car is not doing it for me.

The good bits
It looks good when you don't look at all of the bits listed above, I like the black wheels with the red paint.

I have just seen why I don't like your stripes....the white in the middle is thinner than the other colours, just looks wrong.

Red with the black wheels is a great combination, appreciate all the other embellishments are a personal choice and if they suit you and you are pleased with the outcome then that is all that matters.

However I must agree with RUI the Bonnet striping and the Monza sticker do tend to detract from the overall styling.

Red with the black wheels is a great combination,

Really !! you think black wheels work with red, the combination drowns the car. Black wheels only work if there is contrasting paintwork, the red is too dark, silver alloys go with most paintwork hence the default choice, having said that most people see colours differently.

Really !! you think black wheels work with red, the combination drowns the car. Black wheels only work if there is contrasting paintwork, the red is too dark, silver alloys go with most paintwork hence the default choice, having said that most people see colours differently.

I agree - in fact there are not many cars that look good with black alloys in any colour in my opinion. A white Audi might be one exception.

Edit - the black wheels do serve to make the car more "macho" to my mind, which may be a good thing for some male members less confidant about their ability to pull off driving a 500.

That said, I do like gunmetal finishes - looks great on a MINI in the right colour scheme.

Last edited:

Yeah, but I have not been to SpecSavers yet:D

This works purely because the whole combination disguises a "sledgehammer" and everything is forgiven

Bentley Continental GT Mulliner 22 Inch Crimson Black Edition King Label.jpg

This does not work event though there is a contrast, the mechanical beauty of the wheels is hidden by the utter blackness, perhaps put it down to a dull picture

black.grill.3.jpg

this one... some naughty people out there...

images.jpg

Not the greatest shape for a car, even if it is beautifully made from fabulous materials, and goes like stink. Too jelly-mound for my liking.

But if I had to have one, I'd take these wheels to try to give it back some of the class that a Bentley deserves:

Bentley-Continental-GT-Mulliner-wallpaper.jpg

Pictures don't do Bentley any justice, it has to be seen in the flesh, the engineering is just awesome - using the word literally.

That Merc has ghetto appeal, its a classic !

Too much jewelry for my taste if I'm honest.

Have you driven the car round the Monza circuit?
I took her to the 2012 Monza F1 GP on a road trip, a great time. So the sticker is frim the circuit, but thats clearly bad taste ;) But as I do so many miles its gotta be personalised. (2011 '11' plate & done 38000 and counting!). Cheers for the feedback though, mainly the nice ones aha.

Oi! Did I just see you expressing an opinion that wasn't wholly positive? :mad: You better hope that Adam isn't a woman or else you'll be lynched!

FWIW I prefer red cars with silver wheels also, but it still looks fine :)

I took her to the 2012 Monza F1 GP on a road trip, a great time. So the sticker is frim the circuit, but thats clearly bad taste ;) But as I do so many miles its gotta be personalised. (2011 '11' plate & done 38000 and counting!). Cheers for the feedback though, mainly the nice ones aha.

Your 500 likes very nice and the black wheels do look good in the flesh.(y)
Would you consider going the full monty and giving it the Abarth treatment with the black roof, de-chroming it, side skirts, etc. ?

Whatever you do don't give it the HID treatment.;)

Back