Its Here

Currently reading:
Its Here

Lap times probably aren't improved greatly over someone who is good with a pad mebbe no more than about a second...I have to switch between the 2 because i go to my mates to use xbox live and they don't have a wheel...its not so much in the time, its in the feel and immersion in to the game...also smoothness and the last 10th on the limit, you can feel the front tires letting go before they do, instead of going off you can back out a little, while with the pad you wouldn't know about it until two black lines and smoke appeared and you'd have to take bigger action.
That's what I would have said exactly (y) Pretty much ;)

vtec, I made something that slots under the couch and gives me a stable platform to place the wheel on so it's great, but without this sort of setup forget it. I'd go for as stable a position as possible, if you have to have it on your lap then it's useless and a complete waste of money. A purpose built chair would be even better and it's something I intend to get once I get a dedicated gaming room built (y) With a good quality projector covering one wall obviously :rolleyes:

Simply put, if you have a solid place to use the wheel then you will not regret it, if not you will :cool:

sounds good., i used to have one for my F1 wheel but i got rid of it and it was brilliant and everything.,lol., i made it out of old bits of wood and sponge etc, it looked cool too coz i wrapped it in blue felt and it was like a little bucket seat., was really solid, should have kept it.,lol.,

Bro bought the wheel today, its class but as koa said, really needs a stable place to mount the wheel, atm I have to use my lap and its VERY hard! so gonna look for something to mount it on over the next few days

cheers KOA, you got me thinking now.,lol

i got the wheel a coule of days ago and am well impressed with it., now im just trying to sort something solid to mount it to while still being compact and portable.,
anybody got any ideas on what do do? and what are all of you using?.,
cheers,

cheers KOA, you got me thinking now.,lol

i got the wheel a coule of days ago and am well impressed with it., now im just trying to sort something solid to mount it to while still being compact and portable.,
anybody got any ideas on what do do? and what are all of you using?.,
cheers,

as weird as it sounds.... I'm using an ironing board lmao, its actually incredibly stable, I'm impressed lol :p

height adjustable :p just using one of the chairs from the dining room table, only takes a min to set it all up. and the peddles are pretty stable :D

If anyone's up for some B-class timetrialling at the Ring get to it, my current best is an 8:19 in an Impreza 22B.

Also:

m3.jpg

im still playing it like a religion.,lol., My favourate car at the moment is the M3 CSL with no TCS/STM on, then the silverstone track and manual gears with the steering wheel. the drifts are amazing with it.,lol

I LOVE the game!

the Enzo is one of the best cars. I love my merc AMG race car type thing, I painted it up in F1 stylie.

im more a fan of the raod going kind of cars, the racecars are a lot easier to race with and can feel like they are on rails were as with the road cars they arnt as sticky to the road so involve a little more work and a lot more fun to drive,.,

im more a fan of the raod going kind of cars, the racecars are a lot easier to race with and can feel like they are on rails were as with the road cars they arnt as sticky to the road so involve a little more work and a lot more fun to drive,.,

:yeahthat:

i prefer to challenge myself :D

so i use the road cars as well. its more fun tbh :p

I agree with you both.

The AMG Mercedes CLK GTR is a "S" class not race "R" class. but I know what you mean give me an audi A4 to fight round a corner anyday :D

im finally almost finished my contract with vodafone's broadband thingy so will be getting "proper" internet now and getting on live so should b a good laugh on forza, cant wait.,lol

Back