Its Here

Currently reading:
Its Here

i just turn the aids off, get a RWD mid engined car and do doughnuts :D

i can make them rear discs light up a treat :p

They heat up far too quickly though. Even on standard discs a quick stamp on the middle pedal will get them looking like they're a thousand degrees. A nice effect to have but could have been used more subtly.

anyone using the 360 steering wheel for it?., im just wondering if its any good with it? id imagine it would be cool with all the aids off.,

I don't use the wheel at home (not got one) but I have played it on the wheel a little and it is very good. Force feedback works great and if you really want to get into the game it's a great tool for the job. Only criticisms from my friends on the BizarreOnline boards is lacking brake pedal feel, but apparently this can be remedied with balled up socks.

Oh and AIDS of any kind is definitely not what you want. ;)

I like the glowing discs but they arent as good as the 1st game...in the 1st you had to have racing spec discs and pads before they lit up orange and only then after a good number of big stops...on no 2 they glow orange the first corner of the race on standard discs.....which is eye candy not realism..(grumble grumble) i've done all the endurances up to S....they are where you realise what brand of tire you put on your car is a major factor...Michelin for instance are slower hot lapping but last for 8 laps at a constant high speed......Avon 3 laps then its over...tbf most fun i had on the game was with an standard focus ST no assists and AI on hard in the D class endurance chased down an astra VXR over 7 laps and took 3 to pass it...(this will make sense to those who've attempted a clean pass on ai in a similar car on hard....its impossible without a good draft, a braking zone and lots of luck/judgement)

I've got the 360 force feedback wheel, switch off all the aids and use bonnet view then switch the brakes to 75% pressure to stop instant lock ups when you touch the pedal and its the closest you'll get to driving the cars.

i think ill get the wheel then, sounds like its a winner,., i used to play the original forza with a williams F1 wheel and that was great but havent used the new 360 one so just wanted to ind out first.,
as for the brake pedal, they never make them feel anything like a real pedal do they.,it would be cool it tey sorted that and made the pedals with vibration function aswell.,
i always use the view from the front bumper, the lowest one down.,

I use one further up cos otherwise i seem to hit the back of the car in front too often if i can't see the end of the bonnet...but yeah wheel is worth it, if only for the crazy torque steer on high powered FF cars.....and also the full OH SH*T! feeling when the wheel goes light and theres a wall in front of you (usually accompanied by screeching)...and you can go round the oval without looking like your driving round the edge of a 50p piece...

I don't use driving line so i dont brake where the computer cars do, so if your following them you have to know where your nose is cos they still brake at what if you were on a real race track would best be described as damn fool times......like right on the apex while you are powering through...the number of times i've had to restart cos of that!!!!! (hence the on bonnet view so i can watch my clearances more easily)

I've done about 5 endurance races, never used the hire driver function though, I find them pretty easy tbh

Yeah this game is perfect with the force feedback wheel, very satisfying and easy to set up. Holding the driving line is just perfection rather than the jittery feeling you can get with the pad if you slightly overdo it, the wheel allows very smooth cornering (y)

Yeah this game is perfect with the force feedback wheel, very satisfying and easy to set up. Holding the driving line is just perfection rather than the jittery feeling you can get with the pad if you slightly overdo it, the wheel allows very smooth cornering (y)

I'm thinking of buying the wheel, but is it really worth paying the 80quid? are lap times improved at all over the pad?

I play Forza a lot so if it makes the game more enjoyable also, I'll probably get it lol

yeh, i bought it yesterday and have just been testing out the different tracks really. going to start a career tomorrow. choice of cars are pretty good. and theres some good tracks for a bit of sideways action :yum:

I'm thinking of buying the wheel, but is it really worth paying the 80quid? are lap times improved at all over the pad?

I play Forza a lot so if it makes the game more enjoyable also, I'll probably get it lol

Lap times probably aren't improved greatly over someone who is good with a pad mebbe no more than about a second...I have to switch between the 2 because i go to my mates to use xbox live and they don't have a wheel...its not so much in the time, its in the feel and immersion in to the game...also smoothness and the last 10th on the limit, you can feel the front tires letting go before they do, instead of going off you can back out a little, while with the pad you wouldn't know about it until two black lines and smoke appeared and you'd have to take bigger action.

my post dissapeared?
anyway, was asking the people who already have the steering wheel what kind of seating they are using and if the wheel is comfortable and stable? do ya think one of them chair thingys would be nessessary to use the wheel properly.,

Back