General its been a long time!

Currently reading:
General its been a long time!

mic.neale

after a long time away from fiats I've recently taken ownership of a 1999 Sei Sporting as a 2nd car, on the surface it looked in great shape but after getting it home found some alarming problems....
first of all the family of mice behind the battery area, then found there food store in the air box!
n/s spot light out so brought a replacement bulb pack and went to replace everything! found the spot to be a big ball of rust, so drilled both spots out the bumper and tucked the wires away (i'll replace with so cheap spots off ebay at a later date). moved on to the head lights and found a similar issue to my old cinq, a previous owner has attempted to do some work on the connections and is some how running speaker wire to run the ns head light from the os!
while trying to figure out this maze of bodged wiring i popped a fuse which somehow knocked out the PAS!

IM LOVING OWNING A FIAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it wasnt the PAS fuse that went, it was the headlight fuse, but with some mystical fiat magic this stopped the PAS from working!.
just dont understand how people come up with these wiring ideas. lol

I must admit.. I've never been able to work out car wiring.. :D

But I was the victim of "left headlamp wired to power the right headlamp" once... My tame auto electrician fixed it in about 10 minutes.. but I was too busy having a cuppa at the time and missed the chance to peep over his shoulder.. :(

But the beast is spectacularly simple really and parts prices are as cheap as you'll find for anything.

Put the mices rent up.. they're living in the city now, so should expect to pay a bit more.. :D

Ralf S.

I had the same with my spotlights. Over the years ive collected loads of bulbs, but the spotlight ones are some i don't have. Instead of spending £3-£5 on a bulb i got some LED light strips off ebay, wired them to the original wires, and installed the strips in the casings. To look at them when theyre not turned on, you wouldnt notice any difference, but when they are on they look good (in my opinion). They give out as much light as the originals, and theres no more trying to bodge up the balls of rust anymore.

Back