General Its All Gone So Wrong

Currently reading:
General Its All Gone So Wrong

Not in a good mood this morning, its all gone so so wrong.
As i said before put on mod head, 75 cam, 75 throttle body & new uprated clutch, she started first time, drove up the road and dead. check it this morning tried to turn it over by hand, couldn't not even do it with a long bar. Bloody engine seized. So now i am in a bit of trouble cause...
1. i use it to take the kids to school in the morning so i have 2 weeks to put it back on the road. :eek:
2. i have to try and find a short block a.s.a.p i think i go the 1242 route
3. i have to now find a hoist, where? or buy one more expense.
4. will now get it in the ear from the missus and who can blame her.:bang:

what could of caused it to seize?????:confused: i am not a happy bunny whatso ever.:mad:

hello dave

i think you and D was right last night, i think the cam has seized as i cant turn the cam round but i can turn the crank quite easy by hand, do you or anyone have an suggestions what i should do next?

thanks
Ricky

Sounds like an oil feed problem to the top of the engine. When you get the cover off I suspect their might not be any oil up there.

If the cam has stopped, these engines are non contact, so it might only need another head. Get a Punto 55 head from the scrappy, put it on and drive it like that for just now. If that works, no need to take the whole engine out so you've saved the price of hring a hoist.

Get your 1242 project engine strip it and rebuild with anew head or whatever, and when the next holidays come up, pop the whole thing in.

Cheers

D

out of curiousity why a new head? is to do with the bearings? plus can i use the head bolts again? or is it a head gasket set job again?

I suppose you haven't taken the cam cover off yet, but when you do I think you'll find lots of little bits of metal. These will have come from the cam bearings in the head.

Remember to cahnge the oil and filter when doing the replacement head job. You can risk the bolts, but I'd change the gasket.

Cheers

D

come to think of it i never did, just covered it in oil as the manual said.
this wasn't a new cam but a cam from a 75 punto. do you think still need the cam lube?

thanks
Ricky

Back