ISO why?

Currently reading:
ISO why?

as I said earlier link red to yellow thus having supplies at both of them. the red has a supply already (from red/green on car) so you need to add the yellow to that in which ever way you wish (or run extra wires from ignition switch etc), scotchlock the red & yellow together if you have one handy!

remember the red & yellow are live (permanent) so insulate any bare wires!!!!

as I said earlier link red to yellow thus having supplies at both of them. the red has a supply already (from red/green on car) so you need to add the yellow to that in which ever way you wish (or run extra wires from ignition switch etc), scotchlock the red & yellow together if you have one handy!

Thanks for the help. Very much appriciated (y)

I'll take some photo's of the connectors etc after I have had some dinner to let you see what is going together. Just incase I am missing any vital information with me being a dumb-ass at this sorta thing :D

Ok photo's as promised.

One question? Why would a headunit require live feeds across both inputs to work. Shouldn't it work if it recieves an input from any source? Power is power is it not? I'm just being curious :p

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 57

You're a star :slayer:

I done as you said and joined the red and yellow wires together using the bullet connections already on the wires. Connected it up and hit the on button..............

:woot:We have a working headunit. To cold and dark now to get it in properly so I'll wait until the morning before getting it installed fully.

I can't thank you all enough (y)

just remember me at service time & when you need warranty work;)

:p

Just another question. Is there a way of getting the unit to turn off and on with the ignition when wired like this. I'm just having a look at the unit and I don't seem to be able to see an off swith/button?

Obviously I need the unit to turn on and off with the ignition if there is no way of turning it off on the unit otherwise it's a flat battery for me every morning :(

In the manual the only mention I can find about turning the unit on and off is too use the ignition :confused:

Ok it's official. the 'linking red and yellow wires' doesn't work on this headunit.

This means the unit has a constant power supply and can't tell when the engine has been turned on or off. As this unit requires the ignition to control it booting up or shutting down (no on/off button on the unit) this method is not suitable for me.

I now need to find out which coloured wire is the ignition feed on the original Fiat connector and get the yellow wire on the Pioneer connector linked into this :bang:

Anyone any idea which wire and it's colour that the ignition controled power supply is on?

Red/Green seems to be the constant as this is the wire i am connected to just now with Black the earth.

good discount for you;)

Can you not remove the faceplate?
Surely there must be a power button?
You could always run a ignition feed from ignition switch etc

Nope there doesn't seem to be an on/off switch at all. It seems the unit is designed to boot up when the key is turned and shut down when the engine is turned off :(

I assume the Bravo (2007) has an ignition feed in it's original connector block as my original headunit would turn on and off when I started/turned off the engine? If so do you know which wire it is so I can get the Yellow wire that goes into the back of the new unit linked up to the ignition wire?

your old (original) headunit had a ignition off/wait 20min function inbuilt so dont need a ignition supply.

Ahh!!

But it also turned on automatically and off automatically when you started and stopped the engine? How does it control that? Basically I am wanting my new headunit to do the same. Start and stop when I start and stop the car.

P.S. I hope your paid well because your knowledge is invaluable lol

Last edited:
Been there and done all that.

The problem I have is identifying any ignition feed (if there is one) now. As my headunit is designed to work off the ignition feed rather than a permanent feed.

If there isn't an ignition feed then I'll be spending tomorrow tapping in to one.

there wont be, you need to create one, orange wire form the ignition barrel, to the red wire on the iso, hey presto, switched live, if you wish to go down this route

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/135567-stereo-problem.html

Last edited:
there wont be, you need to create one, orange wire form the ignition barrel, to the red wire on the iso, hey presto, switched live, if you wish to go down this route

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/135567-stereo-problem.html

Yeah thanks jad a look at that 'how too' earlier (y)

I may take a look at coming off the cigarette lighter first as I think it is more accessable on the new Bravo if not I'll use the guide to go straight into the ignition.

Job done!!

I found an ignition feed this morning. Tapped into it and now I have a fully functioning, and may I say awesome, working headunit :D

Many thanks to every single person who gave their advice and help (y)

Sometimes wonder what I'd do without this place :worship:

Have you connected up the Speed sensor wire on the Pioneer? If not is it working ok without?
I'm fitting one in a Ducato and I will have all the issues you have had so thanks for doing my homework ;)

Pete

Back