Technical Is this the right?

Currently reading:
Technical Is this the right?

Can anyone tell me if this rocker cover is right or has it been angled with a grinder for some unknown reason?

I thought the cam covers looked like this.....

DSCF00107.JPG

Where as mine looks like this....

01332.JPG

01141.JPG

(its a 2003 sporting with the sensor in the top of the cover and a massive oil leak lol)

mine is a SPI and the rear face of the head and crank case are coated in oil.
the auto only uses a litre per thousand miles so I've given up on new gaskets and instant gasket gunk etc
it ticks over like a clock and can average over 60 mpg so I've ignored the mess for 30k miles.

It's not that difficult to sort -- leave the breather pipe in degreaser for 30 minutes or so and then flush the innards out under the tap.

Use panel wipe or acetone to throughly clean the mating surfaces.

Apply a little silicone sealant. Then the gasket. Nip up a little more than finger tight, let the silicone go off, nip up no more than an extra eighth of a turn.

Viola, no more leaks (unless the engine is completely nackered or the coil pack O ring is fubar).

I've got a real arch roller............

aww.... although that would take the fun out of it ;) haha only messing, the handle worked a treat (although think I was just lucky, wouldn't try it again)

Opps...new shell, or just cracked paint ?

Minimal cracked paint, and only on the lip that you don't see... Has been painted again to prevent rusting... :p

Back