Technical Is this possible?

Currently reading:
Technical Is this possible?

pioneer_36

Hi everyone, I've just bought my first car, an R reg Fiat Punto 60s, the only drawback is that there is no central locking or electric window (a least the front 2). Someone told me that there are conversion kits available to convert the normal door locks to central locking and the same for the windows.

Is this actually possible. And if so where are these kits available from and how much do they cost?

Thanks everyone for your advice

Maplin electronics do one for £29.99 (www.maplin.co.uk under In Car - Security)

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes
RichieCWaves.jpg

I fittted central locking and an alarm to my MK2, its a fidle but well worth it now and it works well. A few points to note:

1. the proper fiat locking for the punto MK2 is pneumatic so you can't just the bits from a scrap yard. dunno bout mk1.
2. Be carefull of cheap ebay kits and maplins too, in alot of cases the parts are crap. better spend another tenner and get decent bits. I used 'SPAL' which seam to be good.
3. make sure the connecting rods and bits are decent quality and fitted properly or it'll stop working at some point.
4. take the time you think it'll take to fit and double it!!

hope this helps...

Back