Is this one....

Currently reading:
Is this one....

Interesting compact design, but you are very limited if you want to expand the machine later on. On board graphics is crap so forget gaming or high end graphics stuff. All right for the internet and word processing though, and it has a decent size screen.

Troy.

Can I just say that spending $1399 which is something like £700 on a PC to do basic word processing and using the internet is just nucking futs!

You can spend ALOT less on a PC which will do exactly that. Hell I built my own last year for £500 and that included a 22" monitor! Even off the shelf you can get something that will do just what you want it to do for alot less...then you can spend any extra money on a good graphics card if thats what you're wanting to do.

However the card I got with my build plays CS:S without any problems, and the same can be said for Photoshop!

Can I just say that spending $1399 which is something like £700 on a PC to do basic word processing and using the internet is just nucking futs!
You're dead right there (y)

These days you can pick up a ready built system for not much more than £200 (but avoid Vista at all costs if you can :yuck:)

As long as the case includes a PCI-e slot then you can buy a decent graphics card later on if you're into gaming (aside from being a gaming :nutter:)

Another £100 will get you a decent monitor and away you go (y)

Ok, is it worth me buying a desktop computer and a laptop like a eeepc, or should I just spend the money on a decent laptop?

depend's what kind of things you are intending on doing? If you intend on playing new/recent games I would advise desktop suitable to play them first then consider a laptop afterwards (or budget around something like an Eeepc)

or be a real man and get one of these

www.apple.com

and get either an imac or mac pro:yum:

then get a nice eee pc or eee pc competitor of which there are now loads

since when does an OS/hardware define what a real man is?

Perhaps he doesn't want OS X or apple, I ahve no idea what the market is like in his country either so they may be 5x more the price difference *shrug*

lol tis a joke.

just my personal suggestion

didn't spot a ':rolleyes:' :p

I wouldn't have a mac unless it was going to be categorically better by my requirements, which so far they never have been and the air is yet another advertising joke (Asus had a micro laptop as did dell for ages, Apple made it out like they had just thought of it and no-one else had, and that isn't the first for their "creative" advertising lol)

All comes down to what the end user needs them for (y)

or be a real man and get one of these

www.apple.com

and get either an imac or mac pro:yum:

then get a nice eee pc or eee pc competitor of which there are now loads

gay%20test.jpeg

didn't spot a ':rolleyes:' :p

I wouldn't have a mac unless it was going to be categorically better by my requirements, which so far they never have been and the air is yet another advertising joke (Asus had a micro laptop as did dell for ages, Apple made it out like they had just thought of it and no-one else had, and that isn't the first for their "creative" advertising lol)

All comes down to what the end user needs them for (y)

tbh i couldnt be happier with my mac. it was the operating system that swung it but now i have a vaio as well which is great except for vista business which is coming off soon

not cool not cool

If you just want a machine for surfing net and word processing, and stuff like that then why not go for either the Samsung NC10 or Acer aspire A150. Both reasonably cheap and fairly good, like the ee pc, but better.

there are loads of different umpcs these days samsung, sony, hp, asus, acer and toshiba all make them

Back