General Is this legal?

Currently reading:
General Is this legal?

Hey,

If you read my other thread this is a follow up to that... If you don't know the other day I was driving and took a speed bump without slowing down (forgot i got car lowered) and it scraped and snaped of my tail pipe/muffler.... (backbox still there just no tail pipe) ... I am just wondering if it is legal for me to drive the car without this untill I get chance to sort it out....

Also anyone have any idea why since it came off the car exhaust is pop'in now and gargaling ... (sounds nice haha)

Thanks,

Jamie

unless you get a prohibition order by the police. they could invalidate your current mot and tell you to get a new one so they know you have had it sorted.

Don't drive it late at night and the police are unlikely to do anything unless you do something stupid to attract their attention

My old 127 used to set car alarms off and I don't ever remember being stopped - this is some time ago though.

Have driven cars around with borked exhausts more recently and other than needing earplugs I don't recall any issues.

my window cleaner had a small exhaust blow at the flexi on his punto, but sounded like the back box had fell off, he got a prohibition order, an the fool scrapped the car. was quite tidy too.

A hole in the flexi-pipe isn't exactly quiet on a Punto - you might as well just remove the whole exhaust system, it would probably be quieter!

My old Punto did this twice - on one occasion the pipe was only a few months old...

Back