General Is this a VERY rare Mk1 Turbo!!

Currently reading:
General Is this a VERY rare Mk1 Turbo!!

Well here we go my dad has had this for around 7 years now, hidden away lol.
As above it has be sitting in dry storage for 7 years and it is a G reg MK1 Uno Turbo but.......It has ABS (antiskid) is this rare for a Mk1?

In the other pic is a Mk2 uno which will be used to restore the turbo the shell has covered....wait for it......200 miles!!! :eek:
And is totally perfect and i mean TOTALLY!! not a blemish of rust to be seen!

My dad also collected many parts from Fiat when they sold of there old stock, which includes a brand new set of arches and side skirts :yum:

Any more questions ask (y)

Pics!!

Attachments

• IMAGE_001.jpg
    IMAGE_001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAGE_002.jpg
    IMAGE_002.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAGE_004.jpg
    IMAGE_004.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAGE_005.jpg
    IMAGE_005.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAGE_008.jpg
    IMAGE_008.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAGE_011.jpg
    IMAGE_011.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAGE_013.jpg
    IMAGE_013.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAGE_015.jpg
    IMAGE_015.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 24
the anti skid mk1 is rare, but has no real advantages as the abs is pants and best removed

looks like he is missing the proper badge for it though! I have one if your dad is interested,

Sell me one of your parcel shelfs i'm desperate for one and you have two!!

Mark.

Attachments

• DSC00304 (Large).JPG
    DSC00304 (Large).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 18
All those Uno spares... I am jealous!

Looks like a great project. But if I read your post right, your dad is re-shelling a mk1 in to a mk2 shell? Or are you converting the mk2 shell to a mk1 front and rear ends?

Also, what are they being kept in? Looks like a some kind of mini aircraft hanger! I could do with one of those in my garden :chin:

the anti skid mk1 is rare, but has no real advantages as the abs is pants and best removed.

Have to agree. The anti-skid system is a primitive form of abs, not that good and probably impossible to get spares for. Stick with the standard braking system unless you want major headaches if things go wrong!

Last edited:
NICE!!! very very very lucky to not only have a spare GOOD shell in the same colour, but a shell sitting there THAT mint is just, its just not fair :D

get it done, and it'll be the lowest milage (technically) unoT anywhere, next in line is that 3500mile jobby going for £4750 :cool:

lol its called a polytunnel a metal frame with a plastic cover big enougth to fit 4 cars it lol

Well we did want to keep the ABS really so its original.

We are going to reshell it as a Mk1 we have 4 complete front ends of Mk1's so its just a case of welding one on lol

heres a few spares i can remember:
3 bonnets 1 new from fiat
4 wings 1 set new from fiat
2 tailgates
3 complete sets of archs/mouldings 1 new
6 headlights lol
3 sets of doors
2 gearboxs
5 interiour Mk1 turbo lights lol
1 new fiat fuel tank
2 sets of wheels
the list continues lol

But and here is the bit where i will get abusse!!

Its being moved into a new storage area until my dad retires!!

IN 10 YEARS :eek:

hmmmm i wonder what it will be worth then :yum:

Polytunnel. Hmmm. Got to be cheaper than a shed! I really need somewhere under cover to work on my cars. :chin:

heres a few spares i can remember:
3 bonnets 1 new from fiat
4 wings 1 set new from fiat
2 tailgates
3 complete sets of archs/mouldings 1 new
6 headlights lol
3 sets of doors
2 gearboxs
5 interiour Mk1 turbo lights lol
1 new fiat fuel tank
2 sets of wheels
the list continues lol

I'm jealous :mad:

:p

But and here is the bit where i will get abusse!!

Its being moved into a new storage area until my dad retires!!

IN 10 YEARS :eek:

hmmmm i wonder what it will be worth then :yum:

Get it done now. In ten years time the eco warriors will probably have petrol engined cars banned and we'll all be driving around in some 5bhp electric golf cart monstrosities!

that is a perfect list of spares, for the purfic build!

why doesn't he just get it done now, then actually drive it and enjoy it for his retirement?

you may just find all those spares go walkies in that amount of time :p but yeah they will worth a fortune, both working built unoT's and a pile of project spares like that.

Back