Features:
35,000 miles
MANUAL
BLACK
Petrol
3 Door Hatchback
X reg (2001)

Full Description:

Manual, 35,000 miles, Finished in Solid Black with contrasting Grey Cloth Upholstry.Power Steering,Central locking,Electric Front Windows,Height Adjustable Drivers Seat, Adjustable Steering,Factory Immobiliser Radio Cassette,Adjustable Lumbar Support. This little Punto will need some TLC although the car drives really well it has a tappetty engine which will require some investigation. I have a feeling that one of the hydraulic tappetts will need replacing. The vehicle does have some bodywork issues with light damage to the nearside and offside panels.Looks like parking damage to me.Also an attempt has been made on the passenger door lock but this still works on the central locking. Interior could do with a good valet, that said there are no horrible smells,rips etc. just been a typical mums vehicle. Current MOT is till 14.11.2007 and TAX runs till 30.11.2007. So it's ready to drive away. I know this little Punto has a few items that need sorting,I would say that approx £300.00 would sort this vehicle out.Less if you can do the work yourself. This vehicle is very cheap at £795 so grab yourself an ideal first car or cheap family runabout.Any questions please feel free to call or email. £795

Does this sound like a good deal? Seems abit cheap to me? I don't have any pics of the car so can't see how bad the damage is, but it seems like a very cheap price to ask particularly given the mileage :confused:

PS I'm not buying the car, a friend of a friend is looking for a new car.

depends has it been near a garage since 2001? low mileage mums/second cars can tend to get repairs only when the AA is required, as the ad makes it pretty clear they haven't kept on top of the little jobs i'd guess maintenance was poor and he'll also need to budget for brakes, tyres, and anything else thats affected by short trips all the time, cos you dont 6k a year in long trips....but im horribly pessimistic at the moment just eaten a 320quid garage bill on a low mileage mums car......

Last edited:
tapping at 35k is never a good thing, it may be due to low oil, or a lack of servicing meaning the oil is thick and full of contaminants, but it shouldnt happen at 35k and poor oil circulation can cause serious problems very quickly so you need to investigate carefully before buying unless you're willing to pay for any repairs that may be needed in the near future, such as an engine change. a service history would help to ease your worries, but its so easy to fake history that it is meaningless and you need to check for yourself. add to that the scratty bodywork and its hardly a cheap price, more of a gamble that could pay off if you know what you're looking for and inspect it carefully. if the brakes, suspension and exhaust are all fine and it hasnt got head gasket failure then it could easily be a good buy if you want a cheap run about.

Sounds like a tatty abused wreck. £800 to buy and goodness knows how much to put right. Spend a bit more a buy a good car to start with. Punto's are like chavs in Southend, there are loads of them and plenty of choice :)

Back