Is there anything stopping me...

Currently reading:
Is there anything stopping me...

Enforced parking was tried as an experiment at my local ASDA for 1 month.......upshot was, a reduction in the number of customers. Now I am no retail manager but I can put 2 and 2 together. Less customers = less profit.

Enforced parking was tried as an experiment at my local ASDA for 1 month.......upshot was, a reduction in the number of customers. Now I am no retail manager but I can put 2 and 2 together. Less customers = less profit.

no loss in footfall as of yet.. people certainly park more carefully though! it's free to park at the store, just the inconsiderate pricks that park in the wrong spaces that have to pay :devil:

Has anyone else noticed the car of choice amongst disabled badge holders is the high end german luxury car these days....obviously motability covers much nicer cars than it used to....

Have you ever thought it might be daughter or son taking mum or dad to the shops :confused:

my granny can hardly walk without support of any one and so needs to be parked close to the store as shes to proud to use a wheelchair or any form of walking aid (except her little red push along shopping trolly sometimes) :(

is it wrong that my mum parks her lexus in the disabled bays with a valid badge :confused:

Maybe this is the reason why enforced parking is NOT implimented at my local ASDA then.

It pisses me off when people park in the parent bays when they have no kids with them. Went to asda last month and there was an old couple in the car infront. one space left in the kiddy spaces so thought yes!! i got a space. then they pulled straight into it!! i stood there watching them and shouted that they would be the first to moan if i parked in the disabled/old persons spaces. there was loads of spaces in the 'blue' bays too, they only had to drive round the first row to park by the doors!!
Its not the fact im lazy by not parking elsewhere but when you got small child/baby, you need to open the car doors fully to get them out the car. the parent spaces are wide which allows you to do that without running the risk of whacking the car next to you. Plus its safer to not have to walk through the carpark and run the risk of somoone not checking their mirrors properly and not seeing a small person behind.

Its only courtesy to not park in the 'blue' or parent spaces but some people do lack it.

That wouldn't annoy me that much, it maybe that they cant walk very far, but dont have a blue badge, although not having kids it doesn't effect me. It might if I had kids though. I've parked a couple of times in the child spaces when there hasn't been any spaces in the disabled bays, but I kinda hope that no one would mind seeing as its a lot harder to get my brother out of the car in a small space. And if someone blocks us in, we cant get him in.

Would you want your reg number put up on a website for everyone to see? What it may do is infuriate them more. And you have alread said....

So, if you leave a note saying, 'Please don't park here' then they may ignore it. If you leave a note saying, I've put a pic of your car reg on a website, then they may track you down and 'smash a few windows'.

Or, the flip side is, they see your note and...... still don't care.

I think you're in a lose lose situation.

Who was the guy last week that wanted to buy a stinger (y)

Chances are that they aren't going to be able to find me via a website. I know it is possible, but how many people know how to off hand?

Has anyone else noticed the car of choice amongst disabled badge holders is the high end german luxury car these days....obviously motability covers much nicer cars than it used to....or perhaps they all have hookie badges rendering the whole system a total joke anyway...tbf let them park closer if they are that lazy they'll be dead of a heart attack by 50...

You can pay extra for a better motability car, we used to get a Vauxhall Zafira which was free (I say free, you get weekly benefits which is used to pay for it). However my grandad had a Ford C-Max (I think) that was a better spec than the basic one, so had to pay extra for it.

And if it wasn't effecting anyone if they parked there then I wouldn't mind, but as I've said before (I think), for some people if they cant park in the disabled bays then they might not be able to go shopping.

Have you ever thought it might be daughter or son taking mum or dad to the shops :confused:

is it wrong that my mum parks her lexus in the disabled bays with a valid badge :confused:

If she was to do it when she wasn't giving your granny a lift yes it would be, as that would be abusing the system and taking up a disabled bay without need. Lost count of the amount of times I've seen one or two perfectly fit people get out of a blue badged executive car. They may have to give an ill relative to the shops once a month but do they take the badge out when they aren't? no cos they can leave the badge in the windscreen and park so much closer to the shops all the time.

i would give an old couple priority any day. i checked there was 'blue' bays (was 4 spaces) before having a moan. Im also one of those that would give my chair up ona bus etc, even when i had my baby daughter in my arms cause no one else moved to give up their seat.

I must admit having a moan once about someone parking in a space when i didnt think they were allowed to, untill they emerged with no legs! He didnt have a badge showing and was youngish in a 'posher car than me'.

While getting rather bored at work yesterday, and seeing the ammount of people parking in disabled bays when they dont have a blue badge, and clearly dont need to park there, just being lazy. I got thinking, is there anything stopping me of setting up a site to 'name and shame' people who do this? (When I say 'name and shame', I just mean reg number on the site, with maybe a photo). Bit like You Park Like An Asshole.

Dont want to do anything just incase its not ok for some reason or another.

Edit - Also, whats that site where you can search for a reg number and it tells you if anyone has added it for crappy driving? Cant remember.

http://www.myroadrage.co.uk/

Back