Is there anything stopping me...

Currently reading:
Is there anything stopping me...

Kier

Prominent member
While getting rather bored at work yesterday, and seeing the ammount of people parking in disabled bays when they dont have a blue badge, and clearly dont need to park there, just being lazy. I got thinking, is there anything stopping me of setting up a site to 'name and shame' people who do this? (When I say 'name and shame', I just mean reg number on the site, with maybe a photo). Bit like You Park Like An Asshole.

Dont want to do anything just incase its not ok for some reason or another.

Edit - Also, whats that site where you can search for a reg number and it tells you if anyone has added it for crappy driving? Cant remember.

Last edited:
Go for it, what are the owners of the cars going to do if they find photos of their car on it? If they complain then you know who they are! :devil:

dont forget to check their tax to make sure they just havent forgot to put the badge up

As far as I know, the tax disk wont show if they are disabled and allowed to park there? I know some cars are tax excempt if the person is getting a certian level of disability benefits (Not sure if thats the reason, but my parents car is tax excempt because of my brothers disablilty, but I know others who are disabled who aren't tax excempt.

Er... thinking out loud, life.... maybe get one?

Maybe, but its only a bit of fun, and its bloody annoying when you go to park in a disabled bay (when you are fully allowed to) to find out that someone has parked in there because they are too lazy to walk a bit futher. Because of them there is the chance that someone might not be able to do their shopping for example.

Maybe, but its only a bit of fun, and its bloody annoying when you go to park in a disabled bay (when you are fully allowed to) to find out that someone has parked in there because they are too lazy to walk a bit futher. Because of them there is the chance that someone might not be able to do their shopping for example.

then just park behind them so they can't move.. see how they like it... or get a car park attendant to clamp him...

then just park behind them so they can't move.. see how they like it... or get a car park attendant to clamp him...

Chances are, if they dont care about maybe stopping someone shoping, they aren't going to care if they smash a few windows or something.

And the attendants do **** all around here, I know of one place that fines people for parking in disabled bays without displaying a blue badge.

I am thinking of writing a letter to one of the managers at work to see if there is anything we can do to stop people from parking in them though.

Chances are, if they dont care about maybe stopping someone shoping, they aren't going to care if they smash a few windows or something.

And the attendants do **** all around here, I know of one place that fines people for parking in disabled bays without displaying a blue badge.

I am thinking of writing a letter to one of the managers at work to see if there is anything we can do to stop people from parking in them though.

you could just buy your own clamp....

you could just buy your own clamp....

I'm sure there is a law stopping me from doing that (well not buying one, but just putting one on someones car).

Plus that would most likely just **** them off a lot when I go to take it off, at least if I put a sign pointing towards the site I'll be safe :LOL:

I'm sure there is a law stopping me from doing that (well not buying one, but just putting one on someones car).

Plus that would most likely just **** them off a lot when I go to take it off, at least if I put a sign pointing towards the site I'll be safe :LOL:

iam sure there is a law about parking in disabled spaces.... but it don't stop him....:rolleyes:

the only legal and most sensible thing you can do, is to report it to the manager or the shopping center or your local police, along with evidence...

We've tried that :(

We generally just get that blank look 'Oh ok, thanks'. And nothing happens.

Think I'll go down the website idea anyway...give me something to do anyway :LOL:. And hopefully might stop someone doing it again.

It pisses me off when people park in the parent bays when they have no kids with them. Went to asda last month and there was an old couple in the car infront. one space left in the kiddy spaces so thought yes!! i got a space. then they pulled straight into it!! i stood there watching them and shouted that they would be the first to moan if i parked in the disabled/old persons spaces. there was loads of spaces in the 'blue' bays too, they only had to drive round the first row to park by the doors!!
Its not the fact im lazy by not parking elsewhere but when you got small child/baby, you need to open the car doors fully to get them out the car. the parent spaces are wide which allows you to do that without running the risk of whacking the car next to you. Plus its safer to not have to walk through the carpark and run the risk of somoone not checking their mirrors properly and not seeing a small person behind.

Its only courtesy to not park in the 'blue' or parent spaces but some people do lack it.

We've tried that :(

We generally just get that blank look 'Oh ok, thanks'. And nothing happens.

Think I'll go down the website idea anyway...give me something to do anyway :LOL:. And hopefully might stop someone doing it again.

put there details on the website and then put a letter on the windscreen saying they have been named and shamed...:D

Has anyone else noticed the car of choice amongst disabled badge holders is the high end german luxury car these days....obviously motability covers much nicer cars than it used to....or perhaps they all have hookie badges rendering the whole system a total joke anyway...tbf let them park closer if they are that lazy they'll be dead of a heart attack by 50...

Has anyone else noticed the car of choice amongst disabled badge holders is the high end german luxury car these days....obviously motability covers much nicer cars than it used to....or perhaps they all have hookie badges rendering the whole system a total joke anyway...tbf let them park closer if they are that lazy they'll be dead of a heart attack by 50...

not me i see loads of peugeot's 306 blue badge holders.. and quite a few punto's mk2....

not me i see loads of peugeot's 306 blue badge holders.. and quite a few punto's mk2....

I do park in the posh end of metrocentre like so its probably just the people who use it!

Although did once see a Redline cover car abusing one at one point in the Asda car park :tosser: I know he was abusing it as having read the article he had was a builder! Although seen his car since and he's ruined it so :ROFLMAO:

I do park in the posh end of metrocentre like so its probably just the people who use it!

Although did once see a Redline cover car abusing one at one point in the Asda car park :tosser: I know he was abusing it as having read the article he had was a builder! Although seen his car since and he's ruined it so :ROFLMAO:

lol the jokes on him...

Would you want your reg number put up on a website for everyone to see? What it may do is infuriate them more. And you have alread said....

So, if you leave a note saying, 'Please don't park here' then they may ignore it. If you leave a note saying, I've put a pic of your car reg on a website, then they may track you down and 'smash a few windows'.

Or, the flip side is, they see your note and...... still don't care.

I think you're in a lose lose situation.

Who was the guy last week that wanted to buy a stinger (y)

It pisses me off when people park in the parent bays when they have no kids with them. Went to asda last month and there was an old couple in the car infront. one space left in the kiddy spaces so thought yes!! i got a space. then they pulled straight into it!! i stood there watching them and shouted that they would be the first to moan if i parked in the disabled/old persons spaces. there was loads of spaces in the 'blue' bays too, they only had to drive round the first row to park by the doors!!
Its not the fact im lazy by not parking elsewhere but when you got small child/baby, you need to open the car doors fully to get them out the car. the parent spaces are wide which allows you to do that without running the risk of whacking the car next to you. Plus its safer to not have to walk through the carpark and run the risk of somoone not checking their mirrors properly and not seeing a small person behind.

Its only courtesy to not park in the 'blue' or parent spaces but some people do lack it.

Report it instore. Nice £60-00 fine in ASDA carpark for parking in parent and child bay with no kids :D

Back