General Is the Panda 100hp For Me?

Currently reading:
General Is the Panda 100hp For Me?

Guys

Please dont flame me! I have posted a post in the general section asking about comparing the GP1.9 Sporting to the Panda 100hp. I'm looking for a new car and was wondering after owning a 100hp for a while (you not me) is there anything you would comment on it good or bad? I cant decide if to buy a GP 1.9 Sporting or 100hp and would appreciate your comments, especially anyone who owns both. (y)

Obviously a test drive would be in order but trying to find one in a dealership is difficult.

As long as you can put up with the harsh ride (Speed Bumps especially) then I've got nothing else to complain about with my 100HP plus the GP will be a lot more expensive and have fewer doors so loses a bit on practicality as well,but then again you can't get a 100HP in IN YA FACE ORANGE:D :D

As long as you can put up with the harsh ride (Speed Bumps especially) then I've got nothing else to complain about with my 100HP plus the GP will be a lot more expensive and have fewer doors so loses a bit on practicality as well,but then again you can't get a 100HP in IN YA FACE ORANGE:D :D

is the ride really that bad? is it to the point of being a deal-breaker on this car? a lot of reviews do indeed seem to highlight this as the main minus for the 100hp - id also be interested in hearing owners comments on this, ie how it is to live with day to day - does it crash through every little pothole or bump going?!

I find that the ride doesn't bother me at all, then again I came from a Stilo which was lowered on Eibachs.

If you want fun, you want a 100HP - what type of roads do you tend to drive on?

the ride doesn't bother me in the slightest, I bought mine blind, having never had a test drive nor even seen one in the flesh. It's the most fun I've ever had driving. Really is fantastic.

I'd say the gp sporting is a bit more grown up than the panda, I wanted one, drove one, and then got put off by the price, I've got nothing bad to say about my panda, and I'm glad to be back in one ;)

Dave - My commute is 10 miles in towns and 1 A road. I like good handling cars as well as very nippy. Total top speed is unimportant to me as I love my license.

If your comute and most of your personal driving is on those type of roads definatly the 100hp. if its like mine (60miles round trip on the A1) 40milesish on b-roads at weekends then the GP sporting would be alot more suited.

I'd say the gp sporting is a bit more grown up than the panda, I wanted one, drove one, and then got put off by the price, I've got nothing bad to say about my panda, and I'm glad to be back in one ;)

I think either car I buy will be almost new not brand new. Just a few 1000 miles on it would be ok, so the cost will hopefully be ok. TBH I love both motors I personally feel I will get a less negative feed back from non Fiat owners if I went for the GP but after owning a Cinq Sporting the Panda really appeals. Love its look, amazing spec but concerned over harsh ride comments. I really need to go in a Panda to make my mind up. As soon as I can get in one and see I think that will help me make up my mind. I like the 5 doors although NO ONE will ever go in the car except me as I use it for my work commute, our main family car we use is the missus's GP 1.4 Active Sport 3dr which is great but does not give me a thrill as it is to sedate.

If you want good handling, and nippiness, then I would have no qualms going for the Panda.

Has been rated by so many people, see if this wets your appetite:

If you want good handling, and nippiness, then I would have no qualms going for the Panda.

Has been rated by so many people, see if this wets your appetite:

YouTube - Fifth Gear Fiat Panda 100HP vs Ferrari 360 Modena

Stuart, Have seen this before and it really does inspire me. My mate has a Ferrari 360 Modena and I really took the **** out of him after seeing this. Obviously I am jelous of his 360 but I live on planet earth and dont have aspare 50K to spend. Real world driving the 360 is useless. Thank you for your comments.

Cinqster - I had a Cinq Sporting (in black) for 4 years in the late 90's and loved it. The 100HP reminds me of it, feeling like the grown up version! The ride's not that bad - although there is one bit on my commute where I actually leave the driving seat (good fun!). Speed bumps though are a nightmare (fortunately only encounter 2 on the commute).

If you've already got a GP in the family then the obvious choice would be the 100HP.I'm not saying you can't get used to the ride just that a long test drive would be recommended incorparating a few speed bumps if possible:)

I agree with TRS,I had a Cinq Sporting in Yellow and the 100HP feels like an updated version

Cheers guys, I have 9 speed bumps to negotiate before I get to the main road... After looking at prices/cost I am definatly steering towards a 100hp. I am going to try to sort a test drive out, subject to that and a deal being reached I should be joining your ranks. May take a while to locate a 100hp near me, they are rare arn't they?

Back