Is it possible to hotwire old fiats (2002) to override keycode error..

Currently reading:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puntog

Hi,

I am posting this in case certain members have not generally visited or looked at other sections where I have tried to ask if anyone was aware if this is possible and if they maybe able to advise me if they are aware about how to do it...

Upon trying to solve a problem that I have with an Old Fiat Punto... that I cannot seem to start and was led to believe that it maybe due to a keycode problem..

I did at one stage had an ex mechanic / ex car thief (who said that was from 20 yrs ago)... who suggested that it was possible to start a fiat punto 1.2 (2002) by hotwiring it.

Some members have tried to offer me various advice to try and advise me how I maybe able to get the car to start..that I have been very greatful for... but unfortunately so far I have not been able to get it to start...

I was just wondering if maybe that there maybe some tech members who may be aware of other means and ways that they maybe able to suggest.. or if they know how to hotwire a fiat..

I did get to talk with The ex car thief when he just happened to pass me and initially offered to try to help me, but he got a call and had to go before doing so..

but he did say something along the lines of using the rear wires from the back of the ignition and referred to the 3 stages when an ignition key is turned..

where you initially put the key in and turn once and turn again further and then you get a spring back to the prior position ..

he seemed to refer to connecting the wires at the back of the ignition lock../ barrel..

There are two wires at the back that I know can be connected that will move the starter motor...(Red and a Brown one) and there is a 3rd wire (orange if I recall ) that I dont know what it does..

I am not sure if he was also suggesting that that 3rd wire had to be connected to one or the two other wires also somehow..

IImTCet.png

The details I have posted on this thread...

I was just wondering if maybe certain members who may just tend to read just certain parts of the forum may beware of how to hotwire..

thanks in advance if anyone can advise further ..

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-ii/475654-fiat-punto-1-2-2002-hotwire-start-problem.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-ii/475654-fiat-punto-1-2-2002-hotwire-start-problem-3.html?p=4496556

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back