General Is It Just Me?????????

Currently reading:
General Is It Just Me?????????

J333EVO said:
You do not want PAS in these cars as its not a very nice system, little feedback, dead when straight ahead. For small cars you want non assisted steering as you get more feedback through steering wheel.

Plus I find it adds to the fun of driving it :)

Yeah I agree with all of that. However I find my Sei to be very much like the minis. The steering is very responsive and you feel like you are directly controlling the wheel direction. The slightest movemnet is transmitted to the wheels and the feedback is excellent for a modern car. In my old KA you felt very detached from the whole process. Still it's not quite as much fun as the mini but closest car to it I have ever driven.

Nick

If you think you have badluck with cars think again...

I have been driving for less than 2years and in that time:

My Y10 the fuel lines split whilst driving.. bout 2years ago have been fixed but has been in storage ever since

My Ax the brakes were totally Fooked whilst trying to stop one night so dropped it into a rather low gear and tried handbrake managed to stop just! So scrapped the piece of crap

My 1st Cinq was mint until it got crashed into and the person drove off!
Then the probs started Engine mount broke engine dropped onto driveshaft!
Waterpump died
Clutch went
Clutch Cable Snapped twice
Alternator died

2nd Cinq had no problems with it at all after spending an easy 1500quid on it straight off :yum:

Stupidly sold that to buy the Oh-No

Uno Turbo MK2 was quick very quick until I melted a piston end of engine number 1
Bought a donor car to fit replacement engine fitted that
Alternator belt snapped so car over heated as it also runs the waterpump
Oil pump died whilst driving big end on engine number 2 is knocking
*For sale* ;)

That brings me to Cinq number 3 :D
Clutch was fooked so replaced that turns out gearbox was also kapput new one of them as well then!
um that's bout the only probs... so far :eek: oh and ripping front numberplate off in a rather large puddle... :D

So I conclude your not doing to bad ;)

well nothing broke today so im happy-im actually at the point when im driving im scared something will fall off/stop working!!!

lets hope my bad luck doesnt continue, thanks jamie-makes me feel a lot better!!! :D

Have a check under the bonnet and see if you have a power steering fluid reservoir. That should give you a clue...
H

hmallett said:
Have a check under the bonnet and see if you have a power steering fluid reservoir. That should give you a clue...
H

All seis are modern and have electronic power steering as Gaz said :D

Back