Is it a hard job.....

Currently reading:
Is it a hard job.....

Not having done it myself I can't say for sure but I was under the impression that a Beetle is one of the easiest cars in the world to do an engine change on?

well what it is is that i've seen a beetle ragtop which is exactly what i want but has had a rear end shunt and has been deemed beyong economical repair. Description is:

The car was hit from behind which pushed the engine lid against the alternator which has been pushed back about an inch resulting in the belt was twisted. The rear engine tinwear was pushed up against the timing wheel so would need pulling out!

I figured it'd probably be less hassle to put a new engine

THeres actually only four bolts from engine to the transaxle [if I remember correctly when I did mine] but if its had a rear ender its possible that the transaxle its self could have been damaged in the process so get it inspected before you buy it ;)

I did an engine change on a Beetle with a skate board and jack when i was 17 with 2 mates, was an afternoons work.

Its not hard at all.

If its a 67 with an alternator has been converted at some point as they ran dynamo's then, even my '71 had a dynamo but changed to alternator as was soooo much better, actually had electric lights rather than candles trying to light up the road.

yep.,.,. the beatle isnt the hardest in the world, but the problem you might find will be lining everything up after you remove the old engine, it might have to be jiged to pull it all back into shape and could get expencive.,.,

Back