Technical Is Connect Nav (not "plus") Blaupunkt? (Need Ipod connection)

Currently reading:
Technical Is Connect Nav (not "plus") Blaupunkt? (Need Ipod connection)

Hi all,

I've been searching this forum for the last few days but frustration prevails and I have to resort to asking for help....

I have the mono black/orange connect nav and am looking to connect up my ipod. I know Dension supply the ice links, but looking over past threads it seems to be hit and miss if they work in the Stilo, though so far I have only found info (on here) relating to the CN+. I will contact Dension but wanted to know if anyone on here has actually got an Ipod working through the CN?

So I can contact Dension with a little confidence in what I'm talking about I need to know what make the CN (Not +) is,(Blaupunkt?) and if the CD changer connector is the same as the CN+ (AD09 or something...?)

I know there are several (Decent-ish?) FM transmitters out there but I would like to avoid those if pos. Come to think of it....How do you actually tune the stereo in to a specific frequency manually? Is it possible? I tried using my wifes FM tx'er and the radio automatically tuned into the strongest signals (Radio1,2,3 etc etc) and missed whatever the tx'er was set to.

Any info greatly appreciated.

TIA<(y)

Wayne

Wayne, the lack of response indicates the success of marrying the Connect nav with an I-pod. It's not been done and unlikely to be in the future. Unless of course someone know different. FM transmitters are absolute pants.

Wayne, the lack of response indicates the success of marrying the Connect nav with an I-pod. It's not been done and unlikely to be in the future. Unless of course someone know different. FM transmitters are absolute pants.

true there bozzy, i have that unit, and the same as the CN+, it uses the blaupunkt CD changer via a blaupunkt connector. however for some bizzare reasone, the blaupunkt iPod adaptor doesnt work.

personally i hate iPods, but if you really really want it in your car, then change the headunit, because dension do not do an ice like kit for the CN and CN+

Thanks for the response,

I figured that would be the case but i kind of hoped someone may have attempted it and be able to advise of the problems/issues there are.
I also feel the same as you regard FM transmitters and will avoid them at all costs.

My only other option is to replace the stereo but am not sure if it is wise to remove the CN unit as there are settings (eg: the clock) that are only accessable through the CN unit.

Has anyone removed the CN and suffered any problems because of this?
Will there be any problems refitting the CN? (Thats what I plan to do if/when i sell the car)

Why is it so difficult for Dension to create an Icelink for the Stilo when almost all other cars have one available???? Typical!

TIA
Wayne

Back