is anybody able to...

Currently reading:
is anybody able to...

lol, will do when I get it finished! Trouble with selling it is the amount of work it takes me with my "simple" tools.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg

My laptop cooling technique was to take it off yer knees!!

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials, 10" Sub and 6x9's.
1242cc Engine to go in soon, boot delock soon, ETech Wing still in garage, so's the effing K+N!

Well I love to use mine in bed, playing enemy territory with my mouse on the side is great! You can't feel the heat as it is - maybe the second version will be different.

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Yes, and on ebay BUT it doesn't have a mouse section on the side which is the most important thing for me, also I like quiet and the cooling fans don't help much.

I used a similar older laptop to that power, it was so much lighter, quieter and easy to move about BUT the things I can do with this are unbelievable! P4 3.06GHZ doesn't hang around! lol.

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

3.06GHz in a laptop? Bloody hell! My proper PC runs at a mere 1750MHz (overclocked XP2000) and that's got 5x 80mm case fans, and an 80mm CPU fan too - and it still runs at about 50 degrees. Your laptop must get insanely hot!

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

Playing hard games it does, my laptop is as follows:

P4 3.06 with HT
512MB DDR
60GB HDD
GeForce 5600 GO 128MB graphics
15.1" 1450x1050 TFT
Wireless
DVD-RW +/-
etc. etc.

So yes, it's sometimes like a radiator on high!

It seems to have fairly good cooling though - I deleted the temp device when I nearly felt sick seeing some of the temps! lol

Paul

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Well plan one down the tube:

We could send you a piece at £15

and I will throw in free carriage
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 7:48 PM
Subject: Plastic rod

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently finishing a school led project which involves making a laptop desk. I require some sort of plastic rod to be used as spacers for it. I have tried to search a lot of the internet for something and your company seems in the best position to help.

Basically I need about 20cm of plastic rod (i.e. solid cylinder) of diameter between 15-30mm which can be cut into short pieces around 15mm to act as spacers which can be glued to aluminium. The colour is irrelevant - I can spray it if it doesn't look right.

I was wondering if you could do such a small amount/have any off cuts I could buy please as per the above?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Regards
Paul

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Oh and forgive the pun (tube), wasn't even intentional!

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

What do the engineers think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=633&item=3819390474&rd=1

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Have you actually checked the obvious? Last time I went to B+Q they had a huge selection of metal and plastic small diameter tubes, rods, etc circular and square I and daresay some of them are aluminium. They'll mostly be in 1m lengths so check there and homebase and similar places.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

I thought so too....just asking him first if I can buy one as I don't need two and always whether he would recommend it for my specification.

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

I suppose it is worth me going to check, will do in my next revision break - just doubt they would be as cheap - Richard; I am also after plastic spacers to save weight.

B&Q it is then!

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Got back a little bit ago from Focus DO IT ALL and B&Q, former had nothing, later had a huge rack of things like it but nothing correct - no plastic rods and all aluminium pieces too thin - looks like i will talk to that guy from ebay!

Paul

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Back