Technical iridium spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical iridium spark plugs

Have had a look around so sorry if it has been covered already

i have bought iridium plugs for my abarth ,but 2(or three) seem to be set wrong can anyone tell me what the gap should be

And although the car does not stall i think it is idle,ing on the low side just under 800 does this mean a coil pack change thanks for any info

to answer your question.. my coils didn't work too well with iridium plugs (use search this has been discussed on numerous occasions). And unless you are running at colder temperatures (i.e. a modified engine) they can give you no possible improvement over what the car was designed to work with: NGK. If I’m not mistaken your gap is 0.9 and the plugs should be gapped for your vehicle out of the box (if that is not the case i.e. you bought a cheap generic set - than that is even more likely to cause problems)

personal choice as to whether its a waste of money and if they are useless ,,,,if they start the car then they are neither

and that was not the question :yuck:

I get that, no need to puke. :D But idling under 800RPM does not mean a faulty coil. The OEM NGKs are gapped at 0.8 mm. Denso is gapped at 0.9 mm which tend to smooth the idling.

The difference (extra) you pay for iridium vs. standard plugs is what I mean is a waste of money. Ofcourse they are not useless, as the car starts - but if the idle is rought afterwards, they might be. :(

When cars are tuned, they are also often tuned to specific spark plugs, and iridium is not an option on the standard Fiat engine. I guess the rally model used iridium, but then it went into some cylinderservice aswell.

Hope you get it sorted.

to answer your question.. my coils didn't work too well with iridium plugs (use search this has been discussed on numerous occasions). And unless you are running at colder temperatures (i.e. a modified engine) they can give you no possible improvement over what the car was designed to work with: NGK. If I’m not mistaken your gap is 0.9 and the plugs should be gapped for your vehicle out of the box (if that is not the case i.e. you bought a cheap generic set - than that is even more likely to cause problems)

Just one little correction modified engines normally run hotter if they have had timing/spark advancement etc ..;) :p

not if you modify pistons/bores, drop comression (turbo) and and use higher ron fuel (unless i'm terribly mistaken ;) ) anything below that isn't really a modification :ROFLMAO:

Hi,,,,,2 of the 5 ngk iridium,s were gapped at .8 and 3 at .9 took the two back and exchanged as he agree,s they were wrong and he will send them back

so had plugs changed and,,,,,,

acceleration seems better and smoother from cold ,,but this is prob due to the fact that they are simply new plugs;),as he agree,s standard engine no gain
car still idling fine and in the same area as before ,and starts better from hot

I am told that i should get better fuel economy around town will have to wait and see on that one,,so this should cover the exta payed for these plugs,,:)

i need some help with plugs
i had bosch super 4's been told they were bad , and today they finally gave in

so someone recomend me some plugs for the 1.6?

Back