ipods

Currently reading:
ipods

i got an ipod nano and i use the usb charger that came with it. you can buy adapters etc to charge them with but not sure of cost or best place to buy them cheap though. :(

serin said:
why get a ipod tho?

you can get a much better mp3 plyer, with more options for less :confused:
well for me headunit compatibility was a major reason ;)
early ipods come with a manins charger and can be charged via USB/firewire as well as updated via both
video ipods dont update via firewire :( just USB(internal space issue im told) but dont come with a mains charger which is a bit cheap.
ive not really had any problems with my 60gb video ipod.does me fine at work plus i like being able to work the 'wheel' through my shirt pocket so dont need to remove it for volume,pause etc

you can operate buttons through your shirt :confused: a zen has the same touch pad technology!

about HU compatability, why dont you just go buy one that has a socket on the fron of them? theres quite a few availible manily from Sony and JVC at the mo, but theres more coming out.

and with the money you save not buying the overpriced peice of tat that is the ipod, you can buy an incar charger for your mp3 player :p

serin said:
you can operate buttons through your shirt :confused: a zen has the same touch pad technology!

about HU compatability, why dont you just go buy one that has a socket on the fron of them? theres quite a few availible manily from Sony and JVC at the mo, but theres more coming out.

and with the money you save not buying the overpriced peice of tat that is the ipod, you can buy an incar charger for your mp3 player :p
perhaps you should think about it,i said head unit compatibility not inputability(probably made that one up)where the head unit controlls the ipod.
i have a kenwood hu,2 changers and 2 remotes so would be unlikely to change brands unless they had a feature i really wanted.
um did i say others dont work through a pocket etc??
do you reallly think i didnt weigh up my own personal options?

OH NO! :eek: :cry:

you have to MOVE your hand a few inches to where you placed the mp3 player :cry:

worlds have crumbled for less :eek: :rolleyes:

think about it, if your ipod is on a wire, whats to stop you putting it nearer to you than the HU itself! then you dont have to stetch your poor weary arms all that way, and it becomes a sort of remote control then :p

custard boy said:
um did i say others dont work through a pocket etc??

no but you implied it, you made it sound like it was the only one to do it, so i made a counter point just incase anyone took your comment to mean that the ipod was the only one to have this functionality :rolleyes:

Last edited:
serin said:

you have to MOVE your hand a few inches to where you placed the mp3 player :cry:

think about it, if your ipod is on a wire, whats to stop you putting it nearer to you than the HU itself! then you dont have to stetch your poor weary arms all that way, and it becomes a sort of remote control then :p
some people like to have it so theres not wires everywhere and the ipod isnt on view so have it hidden ;) like the person with a stilo who made a cool slot for it :cool: looks really tidy and neat and he can control it via his headunit

serin said:

maybe in your cinq you have time for that,mine requires you to keep the hands on the wheel :rolleyes:
ive had steering wheel remotes for getting onto a decade now so funnily enough im kinda used to them
i really dont get this,i made a consumer choice for my own personal reasons i listed.the thread was asking about ipods.
yet some people seem to think they are the devils spawn??
do you think im going to go oh my god i must sell this quick because someone says ive made an error.

you can still hide wires :confused: the ones with ipod connectors have wires, i know! ive SEEN then with my own eyes :eek: :p

ive done it with my sat nav, you just route the wire around the dash so its not so conspicuous.

you could even get a cradle for it, and wire it all to that.

custard boy said:
maybe in your cinq you have time for that,mine requires you to keep the hands on the wheel :rolleyes:
ive had steering wheel remotes for getting onto a decade now so funnily enough im kinda used to them
i really dont get this,i made a consumer choice for my own personal reasons i listed.the thread was asking about ipods.
yet some people seem to think they are the devils spawn??
do you think im going to go oh my god i must sell this quick because someone says ive made an error.

im not saying you made an error

im talking to the thread starter, and making point about the ipod v mp3 player, you just popped up in the middle of it and start getting all offended :confused:

you made a post that made a point and asked a question, i counter pointed, then you start getting all personal.

you made a consumer decision, your HU has the functionality, so you may as well use it, im just talking to someone who hasnt made that choice, and giving them other options and my opinion!(n)

Last edited:
serin said:
im not saying you made an error, i dont care anything about your arguement!

im talking to beau, and making point about the ipod v mp3 player, you just keep popping up in the middle of it and start getting all offended, so i feel i have to give an answer to your points to :rolleyes:

you made a consumer decision, your HU has the functionality, so you may as well use it, im just talking to someone who hasnt made that choice, and giving them other options and my opinion!(n)
yes but those posts dont exist to me ;)

serin said:
i have edited my previous post, as i first speed typed it, and when i re-read it it came out all wrong :mad:

please re-read :)
i didnt 'get personal' lol but i grow weary of the ipods are evil attitude.
yes there are other options but any time people mention ipods its the same.
for me and perhaps the original poster its the best option.
of course you pay a designer label premium but hey its about the only trendy thing i own

beau_4076 said:
some people like to have it so theres not wires everywhere and the ipod isnt on view so have it hidden ;) like the person with a stilo who made a cool slot for it :cool: looks really tidy and neat and he can control it via his headunit

Cheers Beau, that was me:) here's a pic. I am on my 7th MP3 player and for functionality, compatibility with all major brands nothing & I mean nothing comes close to the i-pod.

Attachments

• IMGP4128.JPG
    IMGP4128.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
I just got my self an ipod as its the only MP3 player that works with the standard fiat headunit in the Grande punto.

I got a nano 4gb and it charges while plugged into the car or via its usb cable on the computer.

I'm quite suprised with it to be honest, i've always had creative mp3 players and i was quite annoyed when i found out it couldnt work with the standard head unit....but the ipod is really rather good, the unit its self is lovely and the nano is soooo tiny its hard to believe its a mp3 player! It feels nice, is simple to use and the click wheel is much better dare i say it, than the scroll bar thing on the micro zen i had before :eek:

The only thing that isnt too pleasent i dont think about the ipod is itunes, not the most user friendly piece of software i've ever encountered but you get used to it....

Back