ipod video?

Currently reading:
ipod video?

i dont see the point in them.. if i wanted to watch a video on a small screen i'd use my pda. the only time i've ever used my pda for that was when i first got it and was bored in a lecture (but i dont even bother carrying that around anymore!)

*If* a ipod compatible HU could control video playback too that'd be cool. An aux video out from the ipod to an in dash screen.

Even then, i dont see the point in videos in cars - i'd only have a screen showing live ECU information..

The HU for iPod are pretty toss right now to be fair. I called Alpine, and they told me they were bringing out a new range that shouldbe able to control the iPod as it should be, as is it's really horrible to control, depends on each turn moves it one place in the list, maximum of 250 items per list, press button turn dial, wait 10seconds then turn dial again to select, then press button, wait few seconds, and hey presto the playlist you want works....

as for iPod video.... what is the point. i have a load of music vids, but the sound quality is usually better on the mp3's and i'd find it a ballache walking with the player in view (dangerous anyway where i am) and in the car, it'd not be on view...

custard boy said:
well im not fussed much on the video but since i tend to keep stuf for a bit im thinking just get the video incase as arc said i wanted to out it to a screen in the future(if possible)

I'd get a video now anyway, cos you don't get any bloody cheaper for gettin without video... ultimately, my ipod has been a really worthwhile piece of kit.
(only i'm running out of space, but that's cos of the amount of rubbish on it)

nano in your back pocket? *snap*

no thanks.

the normal ipods/video ipods are quite sturdy, those nano's look and feel like they might break..

well thought i would update.
got the 60gb ipod video in black.
very nice machine and video playback is more watchable than i thought.sound quality over my old sony MD is way better.
main gripe? well for over £300 i would have at least liked to get a mains charger or even better a docking cradle.

custard boy said:
well thought i would update.
got the 60gb ipod video in black.
very nice machine and video playback is more watchable than i thought.sound quality over my old sony MD is way better.
main gripe? well for over £300 i would have at least liked to get a mains charger or even better a docking cradle.
WTF? they don't give you a mains charger??
i got a USB cable and mains charger, and a voucher for 5quid off a docking cradle...

yup,they have changed it so for example you dont need to put it on mains charging after upgrading firmware.so this will kind of be there reason(excuse)
liam the bank of custard is empty but the interest free option whore that custard is couldnt resist.
just got fed up spending every penny i make on the cinqs

Stilochris said:
ive just ordered a creative vision:m with creative 630 headphones off ebay, full video support, 30Gb, FM radio and recorder, photo support etc etc n £220.

Proper iPod killer! (i hope!)(y)
lol as i said the main reason i went the ipod route was i want to eventually get a HU with ipod support and the HU manufacturers seem to be sticking with the ipod

yeah, thats a fair point. the Ipod has reached saturation point so manufacturers will start incorporating it into their designs.

as a product though, it is still flawed, and overpriced IMO. I just wanted good sound with some nice features! hence the creative, although it isnt perfect!

hope the iPod treats you well!(y)

Back