iPod trouble

Currently reading:
iPod trouble

squiddie

I have a 57 plate punto grande eleganza, with this plug in you ipod jobby.
is really cool unall, but thing is, it keeps saying i have no playlists :bang:

Anyone else have this bug and anyone know how to solve it!!

peace, love and gay vibes;

Newbie Natt

I have a 57 plate punto grande eleganza, with this plug in you ipod jobby.
is really cool unall, but thing is, it keeps saying i have no playlists :bang:

Anyone else have this bug and anyone know how to solve it!!

peace, love and gay vibes;

Newbie Natt

which ipod you using, the ipod touch and iphone dont work with it, which is a damn shame, but they arnt propper ipods you see, they are effectivly small computers running on a slimmed down version of os x

its a normal ipod, my mate had a 4gb nano, songs all play fine, the little voice women just says: "there are no playlists" in her little robotic voice. and i've got a 30gb ipod classic.

i just tried having another go and still no luck. i've noticed if u go into the ipod via windows explorer, there is no folder/subfolder/files with anything to do with playlists.

Also, if you want to play an album, it doesn't play them in the correct order, trackwise or even alphabetically!

Its driving me nuts.

Hmm, i'm not an expert with this :confused: but i'm sure others have had this problem and solved it. The Blue & Me system is an Mp3 player, so it reads the files off Mass Storage Devices eg USB Flash Drives, and low powered Hard Drives (iPods) rather than working together with an Mp3 Player. So have you tried formatting the iPod and using it as a Hard Drive instead of a stand alone Mp3 player? Adding the music files through Windows rather than Itunes, because then you can add the folders and organise it yourself... Let me know if this works. The main problem with doing this is I don't think the iPod will work on its own.... :bang:

Alternatively, go and buy a USB Flash Drive, add music to it, and away you go!

what i've basically done is this:

restored the ipod. then just using windows explorer added music and folders etc to it. you CAN still use it as an iPod, however you would have to add your files to the iPod via iTunes.

So basically, you can either have your iPod as on the go music, and it not work brilliantly with your car. Or have it work perfectly with your car and have two of everything so you can use it on the go.

The playlist thing is quite simple really... it has to be a .wpl list, otherwise the car wont play with you.

ok - i had this same problem. Unfortunately, since the fiat has a slimmed down version of windows (version ce i think) it will not reconise the format that itunes (mac) use for playlists. For the car to see the playlists you need to use the windows playlist files, which are different to what file type that iTunes use. I was not going to stop using iTunes to organise my ipod.

Therefore i bought a 4gb flash drive and move the files over to it using my iTunes and making separate folders for my music and this stays in the USB port all the time (the downside for this is you can't play AAC files).

Probably not the best way by far, but the quickest way for me to have the music i want and the easiest way to organise it (for me anyway). I also bought the CD changer Ipod cable so the car thinks the ipod is the cd changer, and you label the playlists as 1 Music, 2 Dance music, etc... and each playlist will be a CD on the stereo display, ofcourse when you go over 10 playlists it gets a tad annoying to work through it all but it will play AAC files and any bought in the iTunes music store because it is playijng it off your Ipod.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Stu

Hi,

I have an early GP which is a 2006 1.4 Active Sport.

On other threads many people have said there are one or sometimes two cables/ports in the glovebox, however mine has no ipod/usb ports that I can see.

Whereabouts are the ports and would anyone be kind enough to take a picture of it for me?

Thank you.:D

generally if you have them they would be well advertised and in a fairly obvious place. no dealer would go to the bother of hiding features that theyre promoting to sell the car. not all the models came with this feature. though some GP owner may know something more. you have a base model so the likelyhood of it being there is slim

Back