General introduction of me and my Cinq

Currently reading:
General introduction of me and my Cinq

MilanCorse

I just sold of my 2000 Panda 900 Young. Now I have bought a 1995 Cinquecento 1100 Sporting. Yellow., the car is from 1995 and had 155,000 KM's at its odometer. It's optioned with power windows, Central locks and a rear spoiler.
I am very satisfied with the car apart from one thing: it holds back at about 4200 RPM's.
I have changed the sparkplugs, petrolfilter, airfilter, computer, MAP sensor. Also have resetted the computer. Dispite that all the car still holds back at 4200 RPM.
The only thing I can think of is the petroll pump as a problem cause. But maybe anyone around here cab give me a few tips?
Today I went for the APK (MOT) fortunatelly everything that needed to be okay was:) so one year of road permission ahead, yeah!

Okay so far about the car.
I am 39 years old and living in the Southern parts of the Netherlands. Have paid recent visits to the fiatforum but at the section of the Classic Panda.
Driving a Cinq is new for me. I like the seats that give good support. Also the porty way to drive this car. Apart from the problem that yet excists...

Anyway this was a small introduction of me and my car.
I will, make visits to the forum reguarly.

from past experience if it feels like it doesnt want to rev over that figure you stated, then it might be the lambda, it might also be using a lot of fuel

I had problems in 2007 which lead me to buying a new lambda, once fitted the car was willing and eager to rev into the red, I bought a universal 3 wire one from ebay, still going well!!

The previous owner has replaced the fuel tank about a month ago. Als he has fitted a new lambda in witch is originally a Fiat Lambda for the Sporting. I therefore don´t thinks that the lambda causes the problem. But I might be wrong on this.
Anyfurther I have replaced the bobines (Don´t know the Englisch equivalent for that) But still the same problem. By the way, about the warning light, it´s never been on.(Apart from starting the car it burns for a few seconds)
When the car is in neutral and the temperature about 80 degrees the gas pedal to metall it goes straight into the red area on the meter.

Today I will replace the BDP sensor to see what goes on. If this doesn´t work the petrol pump will be next in line to replace. Keep you posted.

Last edited:
I had this problem with my Sporting but with mine the fault got worse as the engine warmed,when just warm it would rev to 5000rpm+ then if you held that speed as the temp increased towards normal the revs came down to around 4000rpm.
With mine it turned out to be the Crank Sensor.

But if your's is revving out in neutral then it could be the even stranger fault that I had with my GF's Sporting which was the baffles in the exhaust backbox falling apart and blocking the tailpipe at large throttle openings !!!
The only clue was it sounded quieter than normal when driving !!

Last edited:
Good news! Problem solverd....Yes!!
The *BDP Sensor has been replaced. Car nows runs trough untill allmost the end of the red area on the rev meter. It feels d*mn good.

I think/ guess that it's the crank sensor.
( * = The one you find behind the front bumper, standing in front of the car on your left side, also left from the radiator)

Last edited:
Back