General Introduction & a couple of questions

Currently reading:
General Introduction & a couple of questions

Hi,

I've just got a Cinquecento Sporting for my daughter after she wrecked her Clio. It's Black, P reg, reasonable mileage and looks to be pretty solid. Got a couple of queries;

• Keys, it's got 2 blue keys with a red square on one of them, should there also be a red key and what's the difference between the 2 keys
  • Maybe related to above, but the central locking is playing up, put key in lock turn to left car locks return key to vertical car unlocks. Unless you leave the key turned left for a while.
  • Fuel consumption, she says it's "rincing through" petrol, what's first to check?
Future plan is when she's finished with it for me to have it as a track day car, so I've been reading lot's of threads here. Helps that I'm fairly close the Castle Combe.

Oh and I've got a Panda 1.2 as my day to day car, replaced a W reg Audi S4 Avant, I did notice a bit of difference in performance :) and we've got Discovery 2 at the other end of the scale.

Thanks for any help and apologies if this is all common knowledge.

Mark

when did it last have a service including the fuel filter???? i had the same problem with my central locking and my passenger side motor was playing up..taken it out and everything works fine just got to replace the passenger side now its a manual lock :D
as for the keys i have a cinq with the same red square on but no red key and havent bothered looking into it...:eek:

Hi,

I've just got a Cinquecento Sporting for my daughter after she wrecked her Clio. It's Black, P reg, reasonable mileage and looks to be pretty solid. Got a couple of queries;

• Keys, it's got 2 blue keys with a red square on one of them, should there also be a red key and what's the difference between the 2 keys
  • Maybe related to above, but the central locking is playing up, put key in lock turn to left car locks return key to vertical car unlocks. Unless you leave the key turned left for a while.
  • Fuel consumption, she says it's "rincing through" petrol, what's first to check?
Future plan is when she's finished with it for me to have it as a track day car, so I've been reading lot's of threads here. Helps that I'm fairly close the Castle Combe.

Oh and I've got a Panda 1.2 as my day to day car, replaced a W reg Audi S4 Avant, I did notice a bit of difference in performance :) and we've got Discovery 2 at the other end of the scale.

Thanks for any help and apologies if this is all common knowledge.

Mark

As a supplementary to this, where is the C/L receiver located? Ours has a hopelessly short range, and failed to work at all when the car had a good covering of snow. It would be useful to know exactly what I should be pointing it at.

Remote central locking isn't standard on these cars, so the receiver could be anywhere given that it's an aftermarket kit. Unless on the rare offchance it's the FIAT Meta kit that's installed, in which case the receiver is the CL relay itself which I think is located behind the battery ... I think ...

hi just quick one on fuel consumption other than general service items check the coolant sensor on the inlet manifold and make sure that the vaccume line to the map sensor is in good condition and not leaking. LAST ONE IS TELL HER TO SLOW DOWN lol.

paul

Tried telling her to slow down, or not make unnecessary journeys, hasn't worked but then when I was 19 it wouldn't have worked either.

Will have a good look at it next weekend and do a mini service.

Now looks like she wants to keep it longer than I hoped will have to buy my own.

Mark

Back