Introducing the bugg

Currently reading:
Introducing the bugg

Eeek...its a bubble of doom!

Get another engine in it.... :D

Looks nice though!

koa, the 1.3i Ka engine (and that used in the new Fiesta up to a certain date) is a modified Ford Anglia engine. I.e. 30-40 odd years old design in general. It was a engine on the cheap for Ford.

The engine in specs isn't that bad (could be a lot better for a 1.3!) but there's plenty of things that make it a poor engine. I thought they replaced in around 02 with the 1.25 litre engine throughout but sounds like it was later than that unless Carla has written it down incorrectly.

I still love the CFC-free air con.

I honestly don't know if the majority of car's air con in the last x years have been CFC free. What I do know is that the "is the air con CFC free?" isn't one of the first questions that come to mind when I look for a car lol.

Sports-style tachometer - what's that? A special LED one or something?

I like PATS - passive anti theft. What's that? A door lock and window? ;)

Sorry Carla, I am not in ANY way attacking your car, I am attacking Fords marketing spiel. Please don't take it the wrong way.

lol, digi, trev is a woman! Your joke may have worked otherwise!

Her name is Carla (though she sometimes calls herself Carley to confuse yet more).

I think they call the one to go for 1.25....I will go investigate :D

Carla won't know, she's a woman :p

Worries over....I think she has got the better engine. If i look at parkers, say a 99 Ka, cc is 1299cc.

Carla's is a 1297cc engine with 69BHP.

Sorry for the mistakes :)

I wonder if the leather seats are more comfortable than standard?

I hate KAs with a passion since one hit me on the head :(

dave said:
funny looking bmw mini :confused:
Womans perogative to change her mind :p

Plus i saw a mini one, and wasnt that keen, so going to wait a couple of years til i can afford the mini cooper s, by that time hopefully my insurance will be much lowered.

Paul, was sorry to hear about your 'run in' (pun definitely intended) with a ka ... they're not all bad - honest!

On the subject of seats, i've no idea if they are more comfortable than standard (as i havent sat in a standard one), but they are very comfortable

Parents hired one on holiday one year...took it back 30 miles later! Granted they have driven a specific marque of car forever with a tradition of fantastic seats so maybe it was that!

I can tell you the tailgate is quite hard and makes a nasty noise when you go head first into it. :D

sammiboo said:
youve posted on the wrong forum love :p

seriously though good practicle car to start off with, not my cup of tea but a girl i work with has one the same and she loves it :)

ewww i hate being practical :yuck: - i got it cause it looks funky, well not the only reason, but i do love how it looks

I've just had a good drive in the car - and i have to say i love it! its drives really well, cant wait to pass my test :D

Back