Internet Woes

Currently reading:
Internet Woes

Hey well as some know i got a wireless router a few months ago as i use my wii online :eek: had a few problems setting that up so it was wireless but thanks to some help *cough* stu (y) it got sorted, however since then my internet connection has been jumpy and cuts out quite alot, this is soooooooo annoying espicially with online gaming, is there any advice on how to stop the cutting out of the internet, it re connects itself after a minute or two but can last about 2 mins to half hour then does it again :(:bang: oh and before i get jargon on loads of settings, im a noooob with internet settings :rolleyes:

Thanks

Crazy

I'd try unplugging everything for ten minutes or so (router, telephone lead from wall etc) and then rebooting :)

Who is your provider and have you tried to contact them? Or look on their homepage to see if they have posted a report?

Is it your internet connection which drops out or is it your wireless connection (between the Wii and the router). If it's the wireless, it may be that someone nearby has created a network using the same wireless channel as you which is causing a clash. You should be able to easily switch to one of the other channels and see if it improves.

If it's the internet connection, I'd suspect either the router or the ISP (it's usually the router!).

Chris

Ahhhh cheers people for the replies,

right Ahem..... im with talktalk, before i got the router it used to just connect and then disconnect once or twice and then sometimes reset all of the settings and wouldnt log in :( then got the netgear router, worked fine for a bit then started to disconnect more frequently. its sooooooooo annoying if its the router then someone tell me which router is best at a decent affordable price, but i hope its something easier, il try disconnecting all the wires from the phone and main entry to the house and see what that does :eek:

Trying to narrow things down a bit...

Does the problem only happen over wireless? Or do you have the same problem from a PC over a wired connection to the same router?

If it happens on both wired too then do you still have whatever the wireless router replaced? If so does this do the same thing on the wired connection?

Should give an idea of where the fault lies.

Trying to narrow things down a bit...

Does the problem only happen over wireless? Or do you have the same problem from a PC over a wired connection to the same router?

If it happens on both wired too then do you still have whatever the wireless router replaced? If so does this do the same thing on the wired connection?

Should give an idea of where the fault lies.

Il give this ago, but it fails to connect when just trying to connect to the internet from the PC to the router (wired) :(:(:( taken three attempts to even post this :cry:

you own a wii?

:ROFLMAO:

I've got a Wii, too :eek:

I never thought I'd EVER buy a games console but, you know, it's just so much fun. Everything is carried off with a uniquely Japanese flair. Compared with other games consoles, it's targetted very much at young children. I love it.

What I'd like to know (and, on the topic of this thread) is, can you play games against other people over the Internet (like, umm, network games ;) - my Wii is on the Internet but I've only managed to read the news, get weather forecasts, and register a friend's Wii so that we can exchange Miis.

Anyway it would be nice to know if any Wii games support 'network play', as it were, and even better if there was a way to have a game of Wii Sports Tennis over the 'net... :)

-Alex

it seems the wii will work like the DS when there are finally some games released that support it, i think some pokemon game will be the first. as you say its for kiddies, so playing online isnt really a priority.

Sounds possibly like a line fault to me.

Could you post your stats?

Click this>>> http://192.168.0.1/ then log in.

Now look for a button called "show statistics"

Then copy and paste the info it brings up. :)

Sounds possibly like a line fault to me.

I'd be inclined to agree, but could also be a knackered filter.

Dave, something else you could try is calling 17070 and choose option 2 whilst connected to the internet, can you hear any noise at all? Try replacing the filter and trying again.

if you're still having problems, try disconnecting all telephone extensions, plug the new ADSL filter into the BT master socket and try and connect again, does that help?

If neither of those resolves and the issue is the same with both the supplied modem and your router (and especially if you can hear any noise on the test number) then I'd report a line fault to your ISP.

Back