Intermittent starting issues on 2015 Fiat 500x Tcross

Currently reading:
Intermittent starting issues on 2015 Fiat 500x Tcross

Elouise88

Good day all

My Fiat 500x was running perfectly with no issues. On the weekend returning home and then wanted to go again did not want to start. Lights turned on no errors, but engine not cranking. We started looking at the battery and found the battery installed was to small. Okay ordered new correct size AGM battery and installed. Still no start.
Checked fuses wires and earth all in order. Next okay lets look for the starter maybe a problem there. Don't laugh now because this gets funny. Located a little motor on the front of the engine okay this should be it right, checked cables and tested supply to the motor all good. Still no start. Then I said lets try the tapping with a hammer trick. Low and behold the engine starts. Great okay now to order a new starter. But wait a minute the pump we tapped is not the starter at all it is the Selespeed pump motor. Not the starter at all. Now I am confused. Would this pump motor getting stuck cause the vehicle not to start? This is just to build pressure in the gearbox right? When the vehicle runs the gearbox runs perfectly, no noise, no shift issues and no warning lights. I attached a picture of the motor for reference.

Please help any advise will be helpful.

And yeah the starter is behind the engine I eventually found it.

Attachments

• Selespeed pump motor.jpg
    Selespeed pump motor.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 63
Back