Intermittent brake lights

Currently reading:
Intermittent brake lights

GHunter2

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice if anyone can assist, my brake lights (offside,near side and central eye level light) are coming on intermittently when I press the brake pedal

All 3 bulbs are working and there is no warning displayed on the dash

I start the car up and check the brake lights and they are fine, then press the brake pedal again and nothing from any of them

Has anyone come across this problem before? :confused::confused:

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice if anyone can assist, my brake lights (offside,near side and central eye level light) are coming on intermittently when I press the brake pedal

All 3 bulbs are working and there is no warning displayed on the dash

I start the car up and check the brake lights and they are fine, then press the brake pedal again and nothing from any of them

Has anyone come across this problem before? :confused::confused:

Hi,
the switch is attached to the pedal mechanism.. I'd change / test that 1st.

Hi,

Is the switch easy to change?

I am a complete novice mechanic wise, is it just a case of unplugging and replacing new switch?

Thanks (y)

Thanks for your help, I'll get a new switch and try replacing it (y)

What do you mean see if it is moving properly? :confused:
Find the switch near brake pedal
Press the pedal
Is the switch ejecting its pin to match pedal movement / the pins moving freely in the switch

Tbh with how cheap switches are id just fit one anyway tbh... they do wear out eventually
Espically if u keep riding brakes / stop start alot

Ziggy

Hi all,

The brake lights started not working at all whilst I was waiting on the switch being delivered

I changed the switch but I have the same problem

I can only think it is a fuse, thing is where the manual says the fuses are there isn't any gggrrr :mad:

Would anyone know where the fuse box is that contains the fuse for the stop lights on a 09 plate Grande Punto??

The manual says they are under the right hand side of the steering wheel. You remove the cover and there is nothing behind it

Back